• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just when Wellington looked like they would win two out of the three titles this season, there could be a boss battle with Ross Taylor at McLean Park sprung on them here. If they were to lose it, there'll be a game against numerous big ND stars in Hamilton on the 26th.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Just when Wellington looked like they would win two out of the three titles this season, there could be a boss battle with Ross Taylor at McLean Park sprung on them here. If they were to lose it, there'll be a game against numerous big ND stars in Hamilton on the 26th.
Not to worry, none of the Black Caps are allowed to play due to the isolation period of 14 days for the players arriving from Australia 8-) Ideal if they play meaning Firebirds will also get Neesham, Blundell etc back but it won't happen.

nzfan

Milne needed surgery after trying to bowl for Manawatu in January. Hoping to be off his full run early next month and may yet turn up on your TV in the English T20 comp, but it's very sketchy.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...dam-milne-vows-to-come-back-from-ankle-ordeal

An injury and eligibility sheet I started. Yet to have too many helpers, but anyone can edit it with info they've read.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pdOJbZnqGivFCLufyvawEVuHwh4FFbtMt_AZBv_oCjQ/edit#gid=0
Updated the sheet with Ollie Newton, Bennett, Younghusband injuries and available date.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
They dont' have to self-isolate cos they'll arrive back before midnight tomorrow
Yes this is right, but I see the IPL is yet to be fully canned, they're still thinking of an April 15 start there. Whether KW or Boult would bother risking an injury by turning out for an ND that's not even in the hunt, not sure.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Updated the sheet with Ollie Newton, Bennett, Younghusband injuries and available date.
Thanks for the updates, nzfan.

If you know of any names of support staff etc. at the other teams I could look up on Twitter who you think of as quite helpful guys, that might be good info as well. A few might not see it as their role to inform the fans, but even just one more team covered as well you covered Wellington would be nice, now that NZ's newspapers are virtually useless for domestic cricket (Otago the exception).

nzfan

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...elled-wellington-firebirds-declared-champions

Awesome news to finally see Firebirds win and for the likes of Ravindra, Sears, Bhula and Troy Johnson this has come so early in their career it is amazing.

That said the Firebirds were on a roll and would have been great to see them carry on playing the rest two games. I don't know why the scrapping when they just finished the last round only two days ago. Still Firebirds were miles ahead of the other teams. Stoked to know we've sealed two trophies this year. Feels very glad but knowing the rounds didn't finish doesn't add to the kind of joy you generally expect winning Plunkett Shield.

nzfan

Plunkett shield win after 17 years... that's a big deal. Knowing someone like Ravindra contributed heavily makes it even sweeter. Now looking back Ravindra's last two innings of 78 and 101 was stand out scores. I suppose the highest for both teams included in both the games. Obviously helped by stellar performances from Conway, Bennett, Newton, Sears and Neesham. It's a terrific achievement winning Super smash and Plunkett Shield.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well done Firebirds. They've really turned it around in a few years. Edgar for BC coach.

Also, understandable to finish the PS early but was hoping for some epic contributions from the national squad members...and maybe some more points for my fantasy side.

Immenso

Could have had 2 saliva free rounds. Reverse swing and spin to the fore, opportunity missed ....

Nah, on joshing.

The Hutt Rec

Great career ... a true stalwart. Although I don’t think he was quite ever the same after Grant Elliott stood behind the stumps to face him.