• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Wa-hay , Ravindra stumbles over the line, but at least he got over it. Here's to the first of many ...

nzfan

Devon and Rachin, between these two has rested Firebirds run scoring mantle this year. Have to say it's been solid and between the two they must have scored over 1100 runs by the looks of it. The hundie was bound to come for Rachin. I think he may have got 3 70s as well... the lad is averaging 60 this year in Plunkett shield. This must have been a tough pitch to bat on, it's seaming and ragging. Fairly slow going but if Firebirds can get a lead over 150+ they can close out this game I think. Plenty of time left in the game though.

I think Rachin's bowling is going to be very handy on this deck. I hope Bracewell bowls Rachin good number of overs ahead of himself :)

Was hoping Young will come good this game, he's looked the part but been out to like pointed above good length ball outside the off. It's always tough to take 8 months break and expect to score heaps of runs. Matter of time he'll be back to his best but there are not many games left yet in the season.

CD is absolutely stacked this game. Tom Bruce dropped to CD A and he got a hundy vs Wellington A.

Joe Austin Smille has made a come back, now playing again for Karori CC and scored a 100 vs CD A.

Last edited:

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
OK, so poor scoring then by the online scorer, should have used retired hurt.

Poor guy must have frazzled brain by having scored to many mickey mouse 15-a-side warm ups.
They don't use 'retired hurt' any more. Don't know why.

Excellent stuff, Rachin. Great to see him get there.

Immenso

Quite a contrast between the 2 innings in Auck v Wgtn.

Wellington 1 wicket from spin, Auckland 9 wickets from spin.

Immenso

This year might be first for a while that a spinner doesn't top the Plunket Shield wicket table. The normal 'not-quite-blackcap' domestic spinners ranks that dominate this stat decimated by retirements, injury and actual blackcaps callups (Ajaz, Astle, Sommerville etc). Plus only 8 rounds brings the pack in tighter.

2018/19: I Sodhi - 36 wickets at 24.97
2017/18: A Patel - 48 wickets at 21.52
2016/17: A Patel - 44 wickets at 30.81
2015/16: A Patel - 43 wickets at 33.69
2014/15: J Duffy - 45 wickets at 24.06

But Delport is making a late surge from nowhere clubsville.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
that A Patel 17/18 average a typo I'm guessing?

Going out on a limb to say MW Snedden has a touch of Andy Caddick to his bowling action.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Glenn Phillips making a strong play for the 2020 McEnroe Prize for outstanding displays of dissent

nzfan

Interesting finishes coming up today in Plunkett Shield. Firebirds nearly there. Few dropped catches yesterday otherwise the game must have all been done and dusted yesterday. Hope it doesn't rain all day :-) One game I watched at Basin Firebirds dropped 3 catches in one over and about half a dozen during the inning. All easy one as well. Finn Allen should have been out for under 20, a sitter dropped at mid off. Delport dropped twice as well. Our guys need to work on their catching, we have some poor fielders and catchers in the side.

Canterbury chasing 300+ CD likely to set 250 for Otago to chase. Going to be interesting.

Chewie

I think Rachin's bowling is going to be very handy on this deck. I hope Bracewell bowls Rachin good number of overs ahead of himself :)
Instead Bracewell bowls himself double as much as the next person and takes 3 wickets...

I've got the wrong Bracewell on my domestic selector team :(

nzfan

Instead Bracewell bowls himself double as much as the next person and takes 3 wickets...

I've got the wrong Bracewell on my domestic selector team :(
Yeah that and three dropped catches off Rachin's bowling from the videos has cost you as well.

Chewie

I don't have Rachin in my team, I have Doug Bracewell who has played his first game of the season and only taken one wicket lol

nzfan

Firebirds win, taking the points tally to 83. Aces at 54. Most likely they have no chance to win this year. The maximum that's available for Aces is 40 from 2 games but Firebirds can still get up to 16 bonus points and 24 win points. CD in with a chance still if they can win this one. Young got to hundred, great news. Since coming back he's looked fine but had played disciplined cricket. This game was very much needed for Young, just smashed his way to 100.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Will Young punishing Otago now. Great to see! 3rd wicket partnership bringing up 50 runs in only 22 balls, with Dane Cleaver also adding some fireworks.

Almost a pity Auckland lost so heavily - would have loved the chance to see Rachin and Conway have another knock.