• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Flem274*

123/5
i haven't seen much of sean solia but he has a h4x one day record with bat and ball (just ignore that economy rate). samoas contribution for nzs new grant elliott 2023?

vandem

International 12th Man
i haven't seen much of sean solia but he has a h4x one day record with bat and ball (just ignore that economy rate). samoas contribution for nzs new grant elliott 2023?
Willem Ludick has the correct accent for a cool-headed #6 sharing the 5th/6th bowler slot with Ravindra. Alternative is Nathan Smith. I think both have a higher ceiling than Solia.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes another Aucklander with an :eek: domestic white ball record, is it. In between his stunners with the bat, however, I assume this is another one who would much rather be active than idle. He'll keep in shape by heading down to Bowling Crease Beach on a near daily basis, for work as either a lifesaver or casual day labourer...

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a question for anyone down Otago way, is Christi Viljoen playing out there again this season? Wasn't in the Namibia squad just released, not sure if he was unavailable or just not selected?

They might be just looking to the future by backing Shikongo and JI de Villiers, not sure

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Got a question for anyone down Otago way, is Christi Viljoen playing out there again this season? Wasn't in the Namibia squad just released, not sure if he was unavailable or just not selected?

They might be just looking to the future by backing Shikongo and JI de Villiers, not sure
I just Googled him for an update. He's still playing club cricket for Green Island (in Dunedin) according to the Otago Daily Times.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Looking at McLean Park as Worker hits a 6 over long on. That boundary is 20 m shorter than it used to be. There is a 10 m wide concrete slab of some sort beginning just before the corner of the stands then they have brought the straight boundary in 10 meters.

CD are pathetic, don't believe any of their player's white ball batting stats. All their grounds are pathetic. They're all just 50 meter warriors.

Flem274*

123/5
dont hate us coz you aint us. we have to bowl on it too.

if it makes you feel better prepare some seddon park slow low dogs and bowl every anti-cricket straight break bowler you have aka the only reason nd wins t20 games.

Flem274*

123/5
knb isn't exactly lightning between the wickets these days and he just alpha'd some **** by running a 2 on his arm

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I hope they pick Raval + Seifert to open for NZ A. Young at #3 if fit.

I can't see Rutherford lasting long against Bumrah + Shami if picked in the test team. Giving Raval a chance of 2 or 3 red ball innings to get back into form is good. I would be picking from Seifert or Young if Raval doesn't make runs vs India A.

All this assumes Blundell doesn't make big runs in the next week.
I'd go something like:

1. Blundell
2. Young
3. Phillips
4. Seifert
5. Mitchell
6. Cleaver +
7. Ravindra
8. Kuggeleijn
9. Henry
10. Jamieson
11. Ajaz

Flem274*

123/5
yeah he, ludick and knb were guns tonight.

clarkson got hit by the duffman too. after years of meh maybe he's added some extra gas? #optimistic

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well you don't need to be scary speeds to ding Clarkson, really. I'm picking this is something we're going to see as a bit of a theme, as facing 140+ becomes a more frequent occurrence for him. Sort of getting away with these half-middled front-foot pull shots for now that he's still putting on McLean Park's roof (only 70-75m), like that one with Rae.

Prefer to see him getting right back in the box rather than keep playing his pull like that.

Last edited:

Immenso

On the Duffman. I stumbled upon Kippax's YouTube video of a year or 2 ago of Duffy's remodelled action.

It appears to me he is this season now back to his previous action with the low front arm.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes it may've been accepted that Duffy's path is going to be as a bit of a Warren McSkimming local hero now. Walter probably wouldn't have burdened him with the captaincy if he earnestly intended to rid his bowling of its splayed and galumphing qualities it tends to revert back into.

Pretty crazy how Walter didn't actually know the precise NZ qualifying players rule at the time of a game's coin toss and was fully intending to run out Foxcroft, Muller and Rippon at the same time. I guess it's the fact you can have one import and two NZ qualifying in a T20 (but not three NZ qualifying) that tripped him up there. He gets Rippon qualified in February ftr.

Last edited:

Immenso

At the Basin. Watched women's t20. Now 45 minute gap to men's game but security guards stopping people going on outer for tennis ball cricket. This is ****.

Tractor now Remington the CD boundary rope for the men's game. Maybe we'll be allowed on then after this dangerous 2km per hour flying hazard has gone its thing?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'd go something like:

1. Blundell
2. Young
3. Phillips
4. Seifert
5. Mitchell
6. Cleaver +
7. Ravindra
8. Kuggeleijn
9. Henry
10. Jamieson
11. Ajaz
Bennett for Henry, Smith, Duffy or Tickner for Kuggleijn.