• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McConchie dismissal is a good one, pity the final move is out of frame

Also, it's going to be a loooooong season for Otago with that batting lineup.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain

Hazeldine's dismissal is pretty similar. Good to see Sodhi getting wickets via the slips.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Henry back to being meh when he doesn't have the Duke to do the heavy lifting. Put him on ice until the 2022 tour of England.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hazeldine's dismissal is pretty similar. Good to see Sodhi getting wickets via the slips.
Yes, a bit of turn even on early-season NZ wickets. Doesn't hurt to have scored a fifty either, to make the NZ selectors think twice before rating Tastle's batting too far ahead of his.

Finn Allen's boundaries are gun against a good CD attack. Pretty impressive to see a 19 yr old deposit a short ball from Milne over cow corner. His first FC fifty.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Watched the second session at the Outer Oval today. Jheeze, did the Aces seem in a hurry or what. Not much leaving or defending. Milne looked sharp and Bracewell's lengths were very good, that just a tad fuller that a good length. Allen looked good for the Aces, and I managed to see tai lend of Ravals innings. I missed his massacre of Rance in the morning but Rance came back and got his man with a good few overs.

Blain

U19 Captain

And Canterbury. Even with their Blackcaps it looks weak. They need to discover a star or 2 fast. Can't expect too much, their captain is a classic 90's-00's styled NZ Domestic cricketing battler himself. Liking the bowling line up though, heaps of young options there especially when Jamison and Nuttell are back.

Can't wait to see Ravindra, Leopard, Allen and Smith's progression this season. CD are stacked with early 20's all rounders atm.

Binkley

U19 Captain
There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of promising young top order batsmen that I am aware of. Plenty of quicks and all-rounders, but top orders seem full of creaky names like Brad Wilson, or late-20 South African imports. Any younger names I should be looking out for (apart from Ravindra, who is on an A tour despite never yet representing his province in a FC match)?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Latham dismissal off Wagner this morning. Brain fade or just abysmal laziness?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And Canterbury. Even with their Blackcaps it looks weak. They need to discover a star or 2 fast. Can't expect too much, their captain is a classic 90's-00's styled NZ Domestic cricketing battler himself. Liking the bowling line up though, heaps of young options there especially when Jamison and Nuttell are back.

Can't wait to see Ravindra, Leopard, Allen and Smith's progression this season. CD are stacked with early 20's all rounders atm.
Don't think Canterbury's is anywhere near as bad as Otago - Murdoch and McConchie are pretty effective, they have Bowes to come in, while Astle and Jamieson will help the engine room when back. Otago's is two decent but underperforming openers who really need to score all the runs, followed by three young guys who haven't made their mark yet, followed by two even younger recent U19 all-rounders. Rippon could bat higher. They're going to be begging Broom and Kitchen to return.

Agree about all the recent U19s coming through to watch - very promising. Is Nuttall injured? I assume so.

There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of promising young top order batsmen that I am aware of. Plenty of quicks and all-rounders, but top orders seem full of creaky names like Brad Wilson, or late-20 South African imports. Any younger names I should be looking out for (apart from Ravindra, who is on an A tour despite never yet representing his province in a FC match)?
Nah don't think there are, which is probably why the NZ A selections are Rachin, Raval and Worker, who has never even done well at FC. Only young opener doing well is Cooper from ND, who quietly averaged over 40 last season and maybe Seifert who sometimes bats in the top order. God forbid Latham or Raval get injured or lose form.

Mike5181

International Captain
2014/15: 21 wickets @ 42.23 ER 3.55
2015/16: 22 wickets @ 29.22 ER 4.27
2016/17: 40 wickets @ 25.92 ER 3.46
2017/18: 28 wickets @ 13.92 ER 2.42
2018/19: 9 wickets @ 16.66 ER 2.14

Sodhi's improvement in the Plunket Shield has been super promising.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
All sorts of fresh looks to these depleted Ford Trophy squads for tomorrow's round, 3/6 of which I've seen and will post in here shortly. Bhula and Sears in Wgtn's 12.

Really trying my hardest to figure out a best guess for the CD batting order (for betting purposes).
Smith
Hay
Ludick?
Clarkson
Leopard
Bracewell
K Noema-Barnett
Ma'ara Ave (Cleaver called up as injury cover for Blundell)
Murray
Small
McCone
N Patel

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
KNB :(

They are missing a tonne of players I guess, as long as he doesn't keep a Clarkson/Leopard out of the team at some stage. Bhula in for Wellington, liked the look of him in the U19 WC.

Kippax, Small will be up the order surely? Played as a batsman a few times a season or 2 ago. But that 6-8 could be in any order really TBF

Flem274*

123/5
yessss KNB is still alive

i think they'll bat KNB #4 (took responsibility as our #5 when he was skipper) to shield younger guys like clarkson and leopard a bit.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
classic NZ domestic lineup from CD

Opener
Opener
Batting allrounder
Allrounder
Allrounder
Allrounder
Allrounder (wicketkeeper)
Allrounder
Allrounder