• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been pestered by some YouTubers to make a New Zealand Under-25 Bats A-Z video, and I've finally caved in to the idea.

Point it out to me when you spot any glaring omissions below. I'm looking for the final cut of the video to be about 40 names, born May 1992 or later.

ND:
Katene Clarke
Sandeep Patel
Seifert
Kelly
Carter
Cooper

Auck:
G Phiilips
Dale Phillips
Chapman
Allen
O'Donnell
Horne
Hicks

CD:
Young
Clarkson
Leopard
Renwick
Henry Collier
Joel Harden
James McDougall

Wgtn:
Ravindra
Weerasundara
Walsh
Jesse Tashkoff (bloke has a forum connection)
Amelia Kerr (a bit of tokenism, but would go down a treat with Wellington lobbyists)
Graeme Tryon (ex-CD)
Arana Noema-Barnett (ex-CD)

Canty:
Bowes (dubious, but I'll allow it)
McClure
L Carter
Davidson
Daniel Stanley

Otago;
Nathan Smith
Finnie
Hunter Kindley
Gregor Croudis

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like quite a project!

You could perhaps scrape Cole McConchie in even though he just misses the age cutoff.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Cam Fletcher probably worth including.

Llew Johnson from Otago would be worth a look if you can get footage from the U19 or A tournies.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been pestered by some YouTubers to make a New Zealand Under-25 Bats A-Z video, and I've finally caved in to the idea.
This video's going to get a lukewarm reception the way it's looking currently. Tell me some nice shots you remember seeing on a video scorecard from the above ****s, so I can get it looking deceivingly filled with talent. Go all the way back to 2011/12 if you remember an eye-catching one.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ffs kippax i watch your videos for the music and you give me audioslave
Oh I've never met a young batsman whose tastes couldn't be charmingly described as 'basic bitch'. Also at least 30% of them are South Africans. You're lucky I didn't go full Kippax in-joke and give you Seether, tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
if our hitters keep lollapsing at the CT then some of the more inventive blokes (chapman for example) could find themselves in black very quickly.

agree on ben horne. he seems to have a lot of time to loft through the onside.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mumford & Sons. There's also one particular Huey Lewis track I could see him bopping around to with gf Sarah Raheem.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Every time I see Clarkson he seems all class. Weird that he hasn't really done much at first class level yet. And didn't do much at the under 19s World Cup either, from memory. Hope he keeps progressing, anyway.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he got a promotion to No. 3 and played a truly terrible knock on TV for New Zealand U19, I know that. Needs a bit more nimble and dexterous subtlety in between the glorious 100m+ blows.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mumford & Sons. There's also one particular Huey Lewis track I could see him bopping around to with gf Sarah Raheem.
You know it's true though.
Haha, this is perfect.

It just seems unnatural to think of Williamson outside of a cricketing context, full stop. From flawless grace on the cricketing pitch to an awkward fish out of water everywhere else.

"He's arguably the calmest man alive. It's nice to have him out there," Boult said.
Kane Williamson's team-mates have seen him flustered before, but never on a cricket pitch. "More flustered on what to wear on a dinner date with his missus"