• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe it's my bias because I think all off-spinners are dire, but gee Nath McCullum is a woeful commentator and Jono Boult was cringe with the on-field mic.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, no doubt in Boult's case...he's a dire person fullstop. But Nath McCullum is a good bloke, but is AWFUL in the box. Voice isn't powerful, runs with real obvious stuff, just kinda cringe. Like an NZ Mike Hussey. Mind you, Kyle Mills is a champion and he's pretty rubbish on the mic too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wasn't commentating on their personality tbh but their bowling ability. I'm sure NcCullum is a nice chap.

Meanwhile, is he getting paid to say Aggressive Intent? Is it trademarked by his brother? His future sports management business?

NZTailender

They're not showing the speed-o for Mills. I'm interested because he doesn't look quick at all.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Liking Kyle Mills. Been good commenting on bowling plans,/areas etc
Has he? Good news. I only heard him last year, when he was pretty green.

Mills, of the Tymal variety, is a ****ing huge human. Definitely hurried Brownlie there a few times.

NZTailender

So Rob Nicol has an excellent cricketing brain and sounds like he was influential when part of the Black Caps. Can anyone confirm this, because it goes against everything you'd think about Nicol.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. Reckons he had a lot of input from slips to McCullum or something.

Reckon he's talking ****.
He said that? Rob played two Tests, both under Ross. 21 T20s where there likely weren't any slips, and 22 ODIs of which only 7 were under Brendon. Nothing bad at all to say about Rob but not prepared to say he would've had any influence in the NZ set up. He's played a ****load of cricket so no doubt knows the game, but he's a quiet bloke.

NZTailender

He said that? Rob played two Tests, both under Ross. 21 T20s where there likely weren't any slips, and 22 ODIs of which only 7 were under Brendon. Nothing bad at all to say about Rob but not prepared to say he would've had any influence in the NZ set up. He's played a ****load of cricket so no doubt knows the game, but he's a quiet bloke.
"always talking" was his words iirc. Dunno if he was trying to be sarcastic because Nicol is quiet, because it was delivered so dryly you'd never ****ing know.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha yeah he probably was. Not a good commentator, Nathan. This woman goes good though, who's she? Knows her stuff.

NZTailender

Rikki something.

Keen to head to the Firebirds game on Xmas eve at Eden Park. Auckland look a tight unit.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Rikki Swannell. A regular on Radio Sport. I don't think cricket is her specialty, but kudos for the versatility.