• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm 100% with Hendrix on this one & I must say this is one of my pet-hates on this forum that at times it almost feels like a feminist convention when it comes to some of these social topics, where the default assumption is the guy is guilty.

Just like the far less serious Gayle/reporter incident where everyone rightfully agreed Gayle acted like a total nob, but then some went further & blew it out of all proportion, carrying on like it was the crime of the century.

This assumption and implication from some that Kuggeleijn must be guilty because she said so or because it was the morning or that regardless what the verdict is, that it places a black mark of his character just typifies this for me.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm 100% with Hendrix on this one & I must say this is one of my pet-hates on this forum that at times it almost feels like a feminist convention when it comes to some of these social topics, where the default assumption is the guy is guilty.

Just like the far less serious Gayle/reporter incident where everyone rightfully agreed Gayle acted like a total nob, but then some went further & blew it out of all proportion, carrying on like it was the crime of the century.

This assumption and implication from some that Kuggeleijn must be guilty because she said so or because it was the morning or that regardless what the verdict is, that it places a black mark of his character just typifies this for me.
I do have to say that when I initially consider what is more likely:

a) Kugglejuggle in his semi-inebriated state wouldn't take no for an answer; or

b) the alleged victim regretted her decision so much that she decided to ruin the life of the accused whilst simultaneously putting herself through the long and agonising process of pursuing a rape charge

I do tend to think that a is more likely. The news that this is one of 2 ***ual assault accusations that he's been subject to further fortifies my opinion. I'm not saying that I think he should be convicted on the basis of what we've heard so far, or that he 'must be guilty'. But I do think it's probably more likely than not.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Apart from the Helen Clark Shrine I have in my bedroom the reason I tend to be inclined to favor the women's version of events in rape cases is best summed up by this quote here from a person who has been through the process (the full article is worth a read):
The court process for victims of ***ual assault is easily the most traumatic thing possible for someone who is already traumatized
Source: Three times over, and never again ? Speaker ? Public Address
I don't understand why you would put yourself through multiple days of questions like
Do you not recognize that telling him you were on the pill in those circumstances was you telling him you wanted to have *** with him?
An others that are just general assaults on your character, because you regretted having *** with someone or to expose some who is “famous” in Hamilton.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

b) the alleged victim regretted her decision so much that she decided to ruin the life of the accused whilst simultaneously putting herself through the long and agonising process of pursuing a rape charge

I do tend to think that a is more likely. The news that this is one of 2 ***ual assault accusations that he's been subject to further fortifies my opinion. I'm not saying that I think he should be convicted on the basis of what we've heard so far, or that he 'must be guilty'. But I do think it's probably more likely than not.

Having since read there may be more than one allegation, that obviously changes the way it looks for sure.

But, yeah I agree there's a greater than 50% chance she wouldn't lie in this situation, but I do think in isolated situations there can be a lot of 'grey' around these things, especially when both are drunk.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

false allegations make up like less than 2% (actually not even that, probably less than 1% it's been a while since I read the stats) of all rape cases soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Look that's reasonably fair but I still don't see the need to question his character beyond that of the actual trial.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's again coming down to putting thoughts into his head, making it seem like it's his modus operandi to find wasted girls to have *** with when we don't know what the hell he was thinking. Just hold off on that, it's not really fair. Drunk people have ***. We've already heard that she in all likelihood did not fall asleep in the bathroom - given the video evidence, and that the alleged incident took place the morning after, not when she was apparently incapacitated. The point being let's not disgrace a guy for having *** after a night out on the town.

Again, if consent was given etc.

Last edited: