• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are the likes for this post.

This post made my day,

Basin Reserve test vs the Saffers next year = MINT.

A tour to India = MINT
And being able to watch the first two sessions in an ideal time slot when in India/SA= mint too.

Home and away ODI series' against Australia, three home Tests v SA...it's just an absolutely mouth-watering schedule.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ok I'll say it. Maybe NZC aren't such a bunch of money-grubbing pie-eating roundup-loving test-hating clowns after all.

though srsly only two tests for a competitive home series vs Pakistan I mean cmon

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
With young guns queuing up in the healthy Domestic Kiwi cricket landscape what has happened to NZ " A " tours and teams over the past 12 months ? ICC recently provided NZC with funds, under its TAPP development program, for just this purpose. US$1.8 million over 3 years ! Ironic that in 3 weeks time the Black Caps play Zimbabwe "A".

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
And being able to watch the first two sessions in an ideal time slot when in India/SA= mint too.

Home and away ODI series' against Australia, three home Tests v SA...it's just an absolutely mouth-watering schedule.
I just hope the boys can all get healthy and in good nick for it. I don't agree with anyone who says Tim and Trent are has beens, but it is true that it is time for them to repay the patience we have shown in them during their hopefully temporary form fluctuations.

Would be a fantastic result to get up and knock off SA, perhaps one of our better accomplishments I can remember.

If only Jesse had not squandered his recall opportunity. Foolish man. I feel our number 5 and 6 may be weak links.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
With young guns queuing up in the healthy Domestic Kiwi cricket landscape what has happened to NZ " A " tours and teams over the past 12 months ? ICC recently provided NZC with funds, under its TAPP development program, for just this purpose. US$1.8 million over 3 years ! Ironic that in 3 weeks time the Black Caps play Zimbabwe "A".
Yeah I think NZA stayed in pricey English and Scottish hotels with all that money in 2014?

Michael Bracewell's since kicked on from that insightful Scottish experience to power his game ahead of the consistently overlooked NZA candidate Jeet Raval, as we all know.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bharat Popli made no race of winning the Domestic Cricketer of the Year award, despite playing bugger all white ball cricket and being about an 11th round pick in the forum's Plunket Shield draft, so I think that tells you there are no real glamour prospects putting their names up in lights.

These three videos below probably give you the best updates on the Poplis, Nuttalls, Tom Bruces, Nathan Smiths and Navin Patels. Nuttall built his glutes up a bit with Shane Bond overseeing his development. Pretty inconsistent shape back down the lbw line from him during the season. He was banging it into the wicket a lot more often than getting hooping swing (as in the sconing of George Worker in the Ford Trophy final, you can see there).

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Day-night pink ball cricket coming to Wellington as stadium lights up | Stuff.co.nz

Other features of NZC's draft schedule include the shifting of the troublesome Twenty20 Super Smash to a more-fan-friendly December-January slot. It ran throughout November last year at the behest of Sky Television and was marred by weather interruptions and poor crowds - notably for the finals weekend in New Plymouth in early December. This year's version is expected to start in the first week of December and run through the holiday period till finals weekend in early January.

Plunket Shield cricket is scheduled to start on October 22 with five rounds, followed by the T20 and 50-over competitions, then the final five rounds ending on April 1.
Tom Bruce in line for Scotland, New Zealand A double after run spree | Stuff.co.nz

Bruce, who qualifies via his Edinburgh-born father, backed up an initial knock of 132 not out for a development XI with an innings of 70 off 81 balls for Scotland A against Ireland A in a three-day match in Ayr on Tuesday.

It won't affect his rise up the New Zealand ranks which is gaining pace. In a quirk of the International Cricket Council's eligibility rules, Bruce could play for Scotland, then go on the mooted New Zealand A tour to India in September, and even represent the Black Caps during the home summer.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Northants surrender as Matt Henry leaves parting gift | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Imagine it's taken Henry much of the season to learn to bowl a slightly fuller length in England, but 5/36 here means he still took his wickets at 26-ish.

That international class was on show throughout today, particularly with the dismissal of Rob Newton: a good length ball that had the number three's feet neither forward nor back, leaving him at the last moment to take his outside edge through to Ben Cox. He did Rob Keogh (bowled) and Richard Levi (LBW) with a bit of extra zip, before the hook-happy pairing of Steven Crook and Seekuge Prasanna gave him a maiden five-fer for Worcestershire. He ends with 27 wickets across six Championship matches.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just wish he was getting his seam orbit so good, he'd started beating players for underestimating the swing, rather than overestimating it.

Last edited: