• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

He took a funky guard outside off to mess with the seamers' psychological ascendancy on today's pitch, I see.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised he hung around the crease that long without attempting to start another punch-up with Munro, tbh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Guessing it's green and swingy for the ND vs Auckland match with ND bowled out for 124. Auckland's turn to bat and captain Nicol thinks no Guptill today, I'll handle this and walks out to open. You can guess what happened.
I'd use the word 'interesting' to describe the captain walking in on a green one, shimmying down the track first one he gets, not actually watching the ball out of the hand and playing some sort of pseudo whip to be bowled off stump. Different type of 'interesting' to scoring 33 off 170 balls, but interesting nonetheless.

ND's gone all out to make that deck green. Hardly any rain recently and plenty of wind.

Flem274*

123/5
A stint with NZ and a move into the middle order looks to have done wonders for George Worker. Long may it continue, I lost faith a while ago so glad to be wrong. IIRC kippax posted about the vault showing his poor average up top wasn't because he's a slogger, just made poor defensive decisions.

Blain

U19 Captain
Holy, great start to the season for Worker!! Nice to see him getting some hundreds. Lol at his average still though, needs some serious runs to sort that out.

Howsie

International Captain
Gutted. No chance we get any play at the mount today. Was looking forward to watching Kelly and Siefert today. Hopefully the weather is a lot better tomorrow.

Holy **** Worker!

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd use the word 'interesting' to describe the captain walking in on a green one, shimmying down the track first one he gets, not actually watching the ball out of the hand and playing some sort of pseudo whip to be bowled off stump. Different type of 'interesting' to scoring 33 off 170 balls, but interesting nonetheless.

ND's gone all out to make that deck green. Hardly any rain recently and plenty of wind.
The pressure must be starting to get to Nicol he has averaged 14 in FC cricket since returning to Auckland

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It wouldn't be Plunket Shield season without Wellington letting a **** Central Districts batsman amass a double ton.
I think it might say a bit about a) the gap between the Plunket and international cricket, and b) how good the Blackcaps coaching set-up is these days.

I mean, whenever Southee and Boult come back, they dominate. Heck, even noted international failure Spudderford stacks up Plunket runs reasonably consistently. It seems like getting into the Blackcaps set-up inevitably results in you, at worst, being stuck between levels.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I've always rated Worker against FC bowlers though when he's just baseballing it and mentally freewheeling it ftr. A bit harsh to attach the term 'engine room', but he would like it in there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

I can see the Mount now ftr Howsie. Not sure if it's definitely abandoned or they might get a session in.