• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hazarding a wild guess, I'd say Finn is probably concentrating on bowling a Test length that'll serve him better in the coming months than one that will take wickets in a short first-class stint.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Of course, injuries will occur at some point, so it is good that we are getting what looks like some depth in our bowling ranks.
Nah, heard the God Of Cricket has declared that NZ has already had its fast bowler injury quota and it will be plain sailing for the next ten years :dry:

trapol

U19 12th Man
James - I want to take a punt on Corey Anderson in the HRV Cup comp. Can you include him......assuming he plays of course!

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, the one game where Auckland stop playing two spinners and sacrificing batting for it, CD have gone with the spin duo.

Will lol if we ever find out the pitch is a turner.

Howsie

International Captain
Haha, the one game where Auckland stop playing two spinners and sacrificing batting for it, CD have gone with the spin duo.

Will lol if we ever find out the pitch is a turner.
I don't know if you'd call Marty Kain a "spinner" tbf, more of a left armer IMO.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
WAG. Seven sixes in that 66* too. Without Wagner Otago would be getting dominated here by Wellington.

Does NcCullum field at first slip for Otago? Took 4 catches off Wagner's bowling, which seems like some sort of record for a non-keeper.

Flem274*

123/5
When Wagner plays for NZ (with all the hype he's surely going to play provided he's in form) can we plz play five bowlers since Wagner, Southee and Dougeh can bat kthnx?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top five batting blokes
Vettori
Young
Wagner
Bracewell
Southee
Boult

Pretty decent tail tbf.
I'd be batting Bracewell at eight. If he can be selected in the Test team based on potential he can certainly bat eight based on it and if he did any justice to his ability he'd end up a much, much better batsman than Wagner.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I'd be batting Bracewell at eight. If he can be selected in the Test team based on potential he can certainly bat eight based on it and he did any justice to his ability he'd end up a much, much better batsman than Wagner.
Well yeah, I just listed them without thinking too hard.

Boult at eleven? Check. Vettori and Young first listed? Check.

you caught me out. gfy:ph34r: