• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Fusion

Global Moderator
Wade wouldn't have done it without Shaq. His instant double team made it happen for Miami. They had a ridiculous crop of role players on that team too.

Lebron carrying his team to the Finals against the Spurs was more impressive as he truly had a bunch of scrubs to take with him.
Haha, was just about to post this. How could you call any team with Shaq (and Zo as backup!) a one man team is beyond me.
Obviously Wade had help, but it wasn't in the form of Shaq. I saw every play of that series, and relive it as a Mavs fan in my nightmares. Shaq was a non-factor. Mourning OTOH provided great energy and passion. However, it was clearly Wade that took over games 3 through 6. He refused to lose and there were points when the Mavs were tripple-teaming him and he would still score! He got some assistance from the refs in that series as well, but his greatness can't be denied. To reiterate my original point, I do think that King James is a better player than Wade, but not by "miles".

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never said he wasn't the main reason, all I said was having Shaq in the team more or less alters an entire team's thinking in defending him. They can't deny Shaq deep position, they had shooters to spread the floor and they couldn't bring their best post defenders onto Wade early when he inevitably did go inside because of Shaq's presence which more or less meant fouls in around the rim where he is an outstanding finisher.

Without a presence like that he wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective was my point, and Lebron has never had anything close to that in any of his sides yet has the side playing like the most dominant team in the league.

duffer

Haha really? I don't ever remember somebody's hand going inches over Kobe's head and the refs calling it, but I've probably not watched him as much as you.
Nah, Kobe's the king of phantom bailouts. I've seen him O foul players and get calls go his way many times.

duffer

Melo's injury is killing Denver here. They're still taking horrible 3's too.

*sigh*

duffer

His face was pricless when they showed it. Are the radio guys crying about Dahntay's trip like the TV crew seem to be?

Suspendable my dimehole.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It was a purposeful trip though, and should have been called.

Would have been second flagrant, so I don't see what your on about.

duffer

The push shouldn't have been a flagrant, it's a sneaky thing that most "elite" defenders like Artest, Battier et al do all the time. Hearing them talk about it for a solid 7 minutes straight is pissing me off though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The push shouldn't have been a flagrant, it's a sneaky thing that most "elite" defenders like Artest, Battier et al do all the time. Hearing them talk about it for a solid 7 minutes straight is pissing me off though.
If he went down on it it could have injured him. Just because Kobe managed to keep his balance shouldn't mean it is not a fragrant.

Oh thats right, you are anti-Kobe. Go on.

duffer

Meh, it's karmic he's flopped around and gotten so many calls from minimal contact that he shouldn't be whinging so much when he doesn't get one.

And major lol @ Kobe hater. I've bigged him up countless times, even in this thread. It's natural a guy has a go at him when he's playing his team.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And major lol @ Kobe hater. I've bigged him up countless times, even in this thread. It's natural a guy has a go at him when he's playing his team.
Obviously, that's what I was getting at. It should have been a flagrant, but because it is against your team you said "Suspendable my dimehole." :sleep:

duffer

I thought it was a flagrant but don't think it's a suspendable offence. Big difference. You watch 90's ball and that type of stuff happens all the time. Prefer it when there is a level of allowable contact, the NBA is way too soft these days.