• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Not to forget, Jazz are defensively better than Warriors and they have monster (Boozer) on the offense. This guy is so under-rated in the NBA. If he were still playing for Cavs, they would be a Championship caliber team.
completely agree...boozer is brilliant...

As for Suns/Spurs series, Physical game is okay but Bowen/Ginobli are dirty players. I am happy that Bowen's tactics are finally reported and relieved that NBA is looking into it.
agree with fusion, i don't see ginobli as a dirty player, he is aggressive, in-your-face all the time, flops a lot(so do a lot of other players in the nba)...but i really haven't seen him trying to deliberately hurt a player, for that matter, although bowen gets away with a lot of touches and pushes and shoves that might be called on someone else, amare's accusation is really much more serious, that he tried to kick him from behind on his surgically repaired leg...the jury is still out on whether the guy is capable of something as cruel as that....frankly i am not so sure...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Things are getting physical in the Western Conference playoffs. Golden State ran into a team they can't bully (unlike what happened to the mentally weak Mavs).
yep...but utah needs to control their turnovers...alarming number of them....

The Suns are finding out that they're gonna get some bruises if they try to drive to the basket against the Spurs.
i think they knew that before the series started....:) , game 4 should be a cracker although the suns are trying to play down its importance, it's an absolute must-win for them...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
suns regain home court, horry gets ejected for a flagrant 2 on nash, what will the league decide on stoudemire and diaw for stepping into the court during the altercation? i think they will be let go with fines or something because they are both stars, especially stoudemire otherwise phoenix won't be able to absorb their loss in game 5....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Although I cant think of any specific incident but whenever I have watched Ginobili, i have felt that he is a dirty player. Anyways Spurs aren't doing their reputation any good, people are paying more attention since Amare's remark and guess what Amare has been proved right in last two games.

I hope spurs get a taste of this in the remaining 2/3 games or if they win then against Utah/Detroit etc.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm rooting for the Spurs to win, but that was such a dirty foul by Horry. Nash did sell it a bit, but it was still a hard, dirty foul. I hope the league does not suspend Amare and Diaw. Suspending Horry and those two would be a tremendous disadvantage to Phoenix.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it would be, but Amare should have thought about it before displaying his stupidity. I hope the lague is consistent in handing out punishment regardless of who and when. Either ways I think Suns can win without Amare and if they cant they dont deserve to win.

Pretty intersting take on Suspension or Not - http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-24-66/Flagrant-Fouls--Leaving-the-Bench--and-Suspensions.html

Also I dont believe that Nash tried to sell it, but just being honest in his reaction. He just doesn't come across that kind of individual. Selling was what Parker tried when he collided with Nash in the first game.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah it would be, but Amare should have thought about it before displaying his stupidity. I hope the lague is consistent in handing out punishment regardless of who and when. Either ways I think Suns can win without Amare and if they cant they dont deserve to win.

Pretty intersting take on Suspension or Not - http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-24-66/Flagrant-Fouls--Leaving-the-Bench--and-Suspensions.html

Also I dont believe that Nash tried to sell it, but just being honest in his reaction. He just doesn't come across that kind of individual. Selling was what Parker tried when he collided with Nash in the first game.
You're right that for in terms of being consistent, the league should suspend them. I just don't think it would be fair. They both never made it close to Horry and never threw a punch. I know rules are there for a reason, but there should be some flexibility applied in certain cases. Oh well, I can understand the argument for suspending them as well, just don't agree with it.

By the way Sanz, why would you say the Suns "don't deserve to win" if they lose playing without 2 starters? I think losing 2 starters (and your most dynamic scorer) would be huge detriment to any team, not just the Suns. For instance, I doubt Spurs can win without Duncan and Parker...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think Diaw/Amare are as important to Suns as Duncan/Parkar. IMO that would be Nash and Maion Who IMO is underrated, but a much better player than Amare on either side of the court.

Diaw hasn't even started many games in Playoffs, Amare is definately a key player but for one game others should be able to step up. Remember Horry is a key member for Spurs too on both sides of the court esp in Playoffs.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think Diaw/Amare are as important to Suns as Duncan/Parkar. IMO that would be Nash and Maion Who IMO is underrated, but a much better player than Amare on either side of the court.

Diaw hasn't even started many games in Playoffs, Amare is definately a key player but for one game others should be able to step up. Remember Horry is a key member for Spurs too on both sides of the court esp in Playoffs.
agreed about diaw, and marion is a key player for them, but no way is he as important for them as amare...amare is the most important player for the suns after nash in terms of impact on a game, just see what he and nash did in the final minutes of the last game against the spurs, that is the deadliest combo in the nba...to be that aggressive and on-target while playing with five fouls was pretty impressive...marion at small forward is a tireless contributor but much, much less of an impact player than amare....

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see the Bulls taking their series to a 6th game :)

I also noticed that Horry has been suspended for 2 games (for his foul on Nash, and striking Bells arm), and Amare & Diaw for 1, because they "left the immediate vicinity of the bench". Guessing the Suns won't be happy, and it does seem like a somewhat ridiculous suspension (is that really a law of the game??)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I also noticed that Horry has been suspended for 2 games (for his foul on Nash, and striking Bells arm), and Amare & Diaw for 1, because they "left the immediate vicinity of the bench". Guessing the Suns won't be happy, and it does seem like a somewhat ridiculous suspension (is that really a law of the game??)
yes it is, they basically stepped into the court and although they didn't add to the fracas, bench players are not allowed to do that, it's a huge blow to the suns but they've still got their engine(nash) and reasonable offensive firepower, it's not going to be easy for the spurs especially at phoenix...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see the Bulls taking their series to a 6th game :)
today was a blowout and it was good to see, it was a lesson to the pistons not to underestimate their opponents, they were getting just a little too arrogant after taking a 3-0 lead...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cavs vs nets is one of the most insipid playoff series i have seen...just wish one of them would finish it off already....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Last night's game confirmed my belief that Suns are much better team than many are giving them credit for. They have proved that they can play defense and physical ball too

They still have two more games and IMO they will win the series.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Last night's game confirmed my belief that Suns are much better team than many are giving them credit for. They have proved that they can play defense and physical ball too

They still have two more games and IMO they will win the series.
the suns are an elite team and i don't think anyone is denying that, but right now, they are down 2-3 to the spurs and going to an away game in a win or go home battle, right now, it's advantage spurs....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the spurs win!!! the series may have been "tainted" with controversy what with the suspensions and all, but the better team on both ends of the floor won in the end....the big 3 were huge in this game and when they are, san antonio are well nigh unbeatable....

Fusion

Global Moderator
the spurs win!!! the series may have been "tainted" with controversy what with the suspensions and all, but the better team on both ends of the floor won in the end....the big 3 were huge in this game and when they are, san antonio are well nigh unbeatable....
Totally agree with you that the better team won. I just wish that the suspensions hadn't happened. Unfortunately those suspensions do taint the victory somewhat. Just heard Nash say that "we'll never know what the outcome would've been" had they been in full strength for game 5. Personally I don't think it would've mattered. SA was the better team. I don't think any team with a system like the Suns (or the Warriors) can ever win the Championship. They'll always be stopped by teams like the Spurs or the Pistons. In this case however, you'll always here people say "if only those suspensions hadn't occured". So unforntunate.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Suspensions or not, Spurs deserved to win, Spurs beat Sun in 3 games with Amare in. And I wanted Suns to win and thought they were the better team, but Spurs proved me wrong.

Also Its unfair to compare Suns with Warriors. Suns are an elite team as opposed to Warriors who are an average team.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Totally agree with you that the better team won. I just wish that the suspensions hadn't happened. Unfortunately those suspensions do taint the victory somewhat. Just heard Nash say that "we'll never know what the outcome would've been" had they been in full strength for game 5. Personally I don't think it would've mattered. SA was the better team. I don't think any team with a system like the Suns (or the Warriors) can ever win the Championship. They'll always be stopped by teams like the Spurs or the Pistons. In this case however, you'll always here people say "if only those suspensions hadn't occured". So unforntunate.
what people are saying right now is that the suns are a better defensive team that people give them credit for(and so they are saying they can play the spurs game and beat them at it, the truth is a resounding no!), they have improved a fair bit and have a couple of really good defenders in the team but if you watch a spurs-suns game, you can see the obvious difference on the defensive end of the floor, they are just not good enough to hang with the great defensive teams...while san antonio can more or less match them on offense, post presence, 15, 18 foot jumpers, 3-point shooting, you name it...in fact a commentator said they are tops in the playoffs in 3-point %....