• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spurs up 1-0...the jazz made a fight of it in the end but san antonio were just too strong in this game...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the 1st east final was as ugly and pathetic as expected....to think that one of these two teams could be the nba champ makes me cringe...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Heard the news that Vince Carter is demanding 60 millions USD to stay with nets for next three years. WTF ? What has he done in his last 10 years to demand so much money that too at the point in his career, where he choked big time against Cavs ? Anyone that offers him more than 2-3 millions USD per year is a loser.

And That brings me to my weekly rant, It is about Lebron James, Where was he last night ? I didn't see him in the eastern Conf. finals. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Lebron is better than Kobe was at this age. I had obviously disagreed then and looking at last night, I am convinced that he will never be as good as Kobe.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Heard the news that Vince Carter is demanding 60 millions USD to stay with nets for next three years. WTF ? What has he done in his last 10 years to demand so much money that too at the point in his career, where he choked big time against Cavs ? Anyone that offers him more than 2-3 millions USD per year is a loser.
not sure how much he is worth but agree that he isn't worth anywhere near 60 mil...

And That brings me to my weekly rant, It is about Lebron James, Where was he last night ? I didn't see him in the eastern Conf. finals. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Lebron is better than Kobe was at this age. I had obviously disagreed then and looking at last night, I am convinced that he will never be as good as Kobe.
everyone was yucky yesterday including the "great" lebron....what a drab game...

Dravid

International Captain
Trailblazers are number 1 pick....wow

I would hate to be a boston or memphis fan

So who goes to Portland, Greg Oden or Kevin Durant?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disapointing Milwaukee dropped from 3rd to 6th. Wonder who they'll go for. A guard to support Redd or a Power Forward to support Bogut.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It's like Game 1 Again..Jazz getting to sniff Spurs total and then Bowen's Drops Daggers on them twice in a row.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Trailblazers are number 1 pick....wow

I would hate to be a boston or memphis fan

So who goes to Portland, Greg Oden or Kevin Durant?
from all the discussions on espn, most people seem to agree that oden is going to be 1st pick, if so, 2nd place seattle would get durant...

Mister Wright

Rookies aren't always young, usually they are, but some of the guys that come from overseas and don't go through the college system can be mid-late 20s before they enter the NBA. I think Yao Ming from the Rockets was 26 or 27.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rookies aren't always young, usually they are, but some of the guys that come from overseas and don't go through the college system can be mid-late 20s before they enter the NBA. I think Yao Ming from the Rockets was 26 or 27.
but oden is supposed to be 20 or 21 and he certainly doesn't look that, that's the point...

Mister Wright

but oden is supposed to be 20 or 21 and he certainly doesn't look that, that's the point...
Yeah, but just 'cause he looks older doesn't mean he is. I see your point though.

I used to referee high school games, and there was a kid playing U/16s that was the hairiest 15 yo I'd ever seen and he had 5 o'clock shadow. He was the best player on the side and some of the people there were asking serious questions about his age. But, fair dinkim this kid was 15. Funny stuff.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but just 'cause he looks older doesn't mean he is. I see your point though.

I used to referee high school games, and there was a kid playing U/16s that was the hairiest 15 yo I'd ever seen and he had 5 o'clock shadow. He was the best player on the side and some of the people there were asking serious questions about his age. But, fair dinkim this kid was 15. Funny stuff.
agreed, he just looks older...even lebron looked plenty older than 19(?) when he made his nba debut...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
another efficient win for the spurs...maybe the jazz can put up a better fight at home, otherwise this series will be over soon...

Johnners

Oden is 19 from what i've read. LBJ definetly looked a lot older than 18 (or was he 19?) when he was drafted, but nothing like Oden, if you didn't follow the NBA, and saw his picture you'd think Oden was retiring, not starting a career.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
why don't they just award the east finals to the pistons and spare the fans the agony of watching it?

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Detroit are my only hope for stopping the evil Spurs, though I have to admit this Spurs team is better than the 2003 and 2005 champions.