• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #34 - Netherlands vs Afghanistan - November 3rd - Lucknow (D/N)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
been a somewhat underwhelming tournament, nothing against shocks/upsets, or eg Afghans doing well, but only a small handful of top sides have played to anything like their potential and makes for too few close contests, noone beating India an example.

and FWIW I would like to have seen England do well but it isn't fuel for the above, they didn't, I think the tournament has suffered a bit but then equally with Sri Lanka being poor and top four near decided after 5-6 games - although kiwis will sleep with both eyes open tonight unable to sleep a ;)
It's eeringly similar to the 2007 WC , with India playing the Australian side cantering to the WC.

Molehill

International Captain
We're not going to reach the WC semis so I'd actually like to see us finish below the CT qualification just to see how the ICC are going to get us in because no way would they want us to not participate given the amount of money our being there would bring in.
I really don't think they'd be that bothered. It's a 2 week tournament, I doubt the TV Revenue is that much anyway.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man if Afghanistan had beaten Bangladesh, and based on their performances since - they should have - I think they would have been in the semis? Theyd have 10 points and be third on the table at the moment and even if they lose their next two games, those 10 may have been enough to get in depending on how NRR would have panned out in that scenario.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
If India wins this world cup, then given the winners of the two past world cups they should change the name to Trophy.
Champions Trophy seems pointless when there is a World Cup of only 10 teams ..in fact the Asian Games had more teams participating than this World Cup , I don't think that happens in any other team sport where a continental tournament has more sides than an actual World Cup lol

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You think so ?
Pakistan face a New Zealand side on a 3 run losing streak and an England side that's already knocked out..

Afghanistan face two of the most in form teams in Australia and South Africa..

Most people would prefer Pakistans route I reckon.
Afghanistan have been confidently chasing totals. They are high right now.
You play what’s in front of you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You think so ?
Pakistan face a New Zealand side on a 3 run losing streak and an England side that's already knocked out..

Afghanistan have 2 more points though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Afghanistan and NZ have played the same amount of games and have the same amount of points.

I don't think Afg will ever win on NRR but all the same, it does to me make it more likely they'll actually overtake.

Tom Flint

International Regular
You think so ?

England will be on a one game winning streak this time tomorrow