• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #34 - Netherlands vs Afghanistan - November 3rd - Lucknow (D/N)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before the tournament began this might have been a bottom-of-the-table clash but both teams have not disgraced themselves.

I feel Afghanistan will win this though.
Not quite, the bottom of the table clash was slated to be the two teams that got out of the qualifiers.

Afghanistan had already beaten Bangladesh a few weeks prior to the commencement of the WC

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afghanistan and Netherlands are the only two teams with no individual hundred in this World Cup so far.

DriveClub

International Regular
Potential to be the game of the tournament so far. Afghanistan will unleash their array of spinners against the formidable Netherlands lower order.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Potential to be the game of the tournament so far. Afghanistan will unleash their array of spinners against the formidable Netherlands lower order.
Literally came here to say that I'm tipping this as game of the tournament.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd usually cheer for the Netherlands in this one but we kind of need Afghanistan to win to make the run home into the semis interesting.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Nah game of the tournament will be Pakistan vs New Zealand, the one match that actually will feel like a knockout game

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If Afghanistan wins they will have same number of points as NZ in same number of matches.

Molehill

International Captain
Netherlands win toss and bat - if they win this, they should have Champions Trophy qualification sorted.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Netherlands win toss and bat - if they win this, they should have Champions Trophy qualification sorted.
Will be interesting to see how different their performances are in that if so. With the ICC abolishing the ODI Super League they'll probably play a lot less ODIs against good sides over the next couple of years.

loterry1994

International Debutant
The upset is definitely on I think. Netherlands top order have to score more runs can’t leave it all to the lower order like they have most the tournament

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
The upset is definitely on I think. Netherlands top order have to score more runs can’t leave it all to the lower order like they have most the tournament
That's an understatement, Netherlands have been the worst batting unit ..Nobody in the top 25 runscorers of the tournament.

Molehill

International Captain
Afghanistan are one team who has done ok chasing, and Netherlands already 1 down. The change at the top not working.

Molehill

International Captain
That's a dreadful powerplay from Afghanistan. Not sure why they persisted with Fazal when he was going round the park. Looks like the skipper has just given them a bollocking, see if it works.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Why would you use just two bowlers in the powerplay when the batting side is going at nearly 7 an over , bad captaincy that from Shahidi.