• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #30 - Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka- October 29th - Pune (D/N)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We don't quite have a proper opening pair so I'd be interested in rejigging the batting lineup and maybe pushing DDS up the order to see what he does there. He does average a lot more when opening and he's good against pace and totally useless at 6.
What happened to Avishka Fernando?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant. I feel a bit sorry for SL though. Despite them being a bogey team they are my 2nd favourite established side.

Afghanistan could now possibly finish 4th and knock Aussies out of the semis.
Urgh I would love this but feels unlikely. Would need a hand from England. Hopefully our players can get up for this possibility alone but wouldn't count on it.

Tom Flint

International Regular
We don't quite have a proper opening pair so I'd be interested in rejigging the batting lineup and maybe pushing DDS up the order to see what he does there. He does average a lot more when opening and he's good against pace and totally useless at 6.
I thought top order was actually the part of the sl team that looked best so far

ashley bach

International Captain
When did you see them and who else have you compared his with?
Mate this is a tricky question to answer in my hazy state of averaging about 5 hours sleep a night during the tournament.
I'm guessing I've seen approx 50% of all deliveries bowled so far, and while I'm not taking notes about which/what balls were the best, off the top of my head this was one of the best, straight and quick with the ball swinging late and just enough to get through the gate and knock out middle stump.
So yeah not really making comparisons with other bowlers best balls but more with my own memory.
What are your thoughts?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan is legit the fifth best team in the tournament.
It is genuinely stunning to me, especially compared to some of the neighbouring countries' teams.

Pakistan: Riven by internal conflict, favouritism and politicking, including the over-reaching involvement of actual politicians, I guess it's no surprise their performances are mixed.

Bangladesh: ditto

Sri Lanka: all of the above, plus serious political and economic issues that have led to food shortages, so it's perhaps understandable their cricket team is at a low point.

Afghanistan: Lesser domestic cricket history, country recovering from a literal war and now the ****ing Taliban have taken over. "But it's ok, we'll just win at cricket anyway".

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate this is a tricky question to answer in my hazy state of averaging about 5 hours sleep a night during the tournament.
I'm guessing I've seen approx 50% of all deliveries bowled so far, and while I'm not taking notes about which/what balls were the best, off the top of my head this was one of the best, straight and quick with the ball swinging late and just enough to get through the gate and knock out middle stump.
So yeah not really making comparisons with other bowlers best balls but more with my own memory.
What are your thoughts?
Not sure, can’t say I’ve seen any cricketer’s balls, much less compared them