• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #30 - Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka- October 29th - Pune (D/N)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
afghan keeper already out of the game with a lazy/reckless wave at a throw that took him in the finger. Bit of a weird one

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Good move to bring back Dimuth , this opening partnership delivered in WC qualifying tournament..
Should remain till end of tournament.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who's keeping instead?

I think Gurbaz can keep.
I don't know their players from a bar of soap but yes I think that was the name that popped up on the screen
Good move to bring back Dimuth , this opening partnership delivered in WC qualifying tournament..
Should remain till end of tournament.
I think if they wanted to compete with Aus/NZ/SA etc. making 350+ they would need hitters right the way through. But for potentially lower-scoring oppisiton Dimuth can do a job

Molehill

International Captain
Still some chance at a semi-final spot for the winner of this match.
The winner of this should be guaranteed a Champions Trophy spot, I think that's all that really matters now for those outside the top 4. Convenient of teams to be reminded of it just as the group stage was disappearing into the abyss. You almost get the feeling the ICC needed reminding themselves.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The winner of this should be guaranteed a Champions Trophy spot, I think that's all that really matters now for those outside the top 4.
The winner of this match should still do everything they can to push for a semi spot - they will only be one win short of NZ & Australia with three matches to play. A mountain to climb in reality, but they'd want to give themselves every chance.

Himannv

International Coach
DDS has had a terrible tournament so far. He's been awful with the bat and hasn't even bowled all that much to make up for it. He'd probably be dropped if we have better options waiting in the wings.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
DDS has had a terrible tournament so far. He's been awful with the bat and hasn't even bowled all that much to make up for it. He'd probably be dropped if we have better options waiting in the wings.
Honestly I feel this is the type of match Wellalage would have thrived in , 9 of the Afghan XI are right handed and they are not always aggressive at the start of their innings .

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Afghanistan in that innings is the most I've seen a team hit the stumps. Seemingly every throw was clattering them.