• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #30 - Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka- October 29th - Pune (D/N)

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Yeah really pleased for Afghanistan, this side doesn't even play international cricket at home because of Taliban but play such a high level of cricket in such a short space of time.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghanistan could take our place in the Champions Trophy the way they are going.
Afg may finish higher but England should be able to go above Bangladesh and Netherlands. That should be enough for CT.

Remember Eng still have a game v Ned

Molehill

International Captain
Afg may finish higher but England should be able to go above Bangladesh and Netherlands. That should be enough for CT.

Yeah, I suspect a win over Netherlands may well be enough to secure that spot. Not that I'm overly fussed, we're not going to win the trophy in Pakistan, but it would probably be a good opportunity to blood the new breed at tournament level.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
For all the dead game moaning, Afghanistan can take their fight for the semis deep here

Silver Silva

International Debutant

If Netherlands beats Afghanistan in next game , that means they will have 3 wins . Which means England would have to win against Australia ,Netherlands themselves and Pakistan to guarantee finishing above the Dutch. Sri Lanka are also in trouble , we need to beat Bangladesh

Himannv

International Coach
Losing this puts an end to any lingering SF hopes. Hope we use the remaining games to try a few things out and find something that works.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Losing this puts an end to any lingering SF hopes. Hope we use the remaining games to try a few things out and find something that works.
I think it's too soon for Chameera , maybe we can drop DDS and Chameera , move Angelo to No.6 and play Chamika Karunaratne and Wellalage at 7 & 8.

Groundking

International Debutant
The Sri Lanka fielder had clearly given up on that ball there, shameful.

Top stuff from Afghanistan, be a great underdog story if they can somehow drag themselves to the semi's.

Himannv

International Coach
I think it's too soon for Chameera , maybe we can drop DDS and Chameera , move Angelo to No.6 and play Chamika Karunaratne and Wellalage at 7 & 8.
We don't quite have a proper opening pair so I'd be interested in rejigging the batting lineup and maybe pushing DDS up the order to see what he does there. He does average a lot more when opening and he's good against pace and totally useless at 6.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain

There's no guarantee we will win that game given our abysmal performances do far.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant. I feel a bit sorry for SL though. Despite them being a bogey team they are my 2nd favourite established side.

Afghanistan could now possibly finish 4th and knock Aussies out of the semis.

Last edited: