• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow...went to bed with India on track for 400, woke up in time to see SA win in the last over. Are India trying to steal SA's tag as WC chokers?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Good thing is India still have a good NRR
Well I don't think that's an issue as I'm pretty sure India will win against WI and end up at 2nd place in the group (behind SA). But I just rather face NZL or Pakistan than SL or Aus in the quarters.

Mikey29

Banned
I don't criticise India's PP batting too much. Its' a problem alot of teams have had, and their earlier batting put pressure on them to continue. Great bowling from Steyn too.
The game was always going to be close. It was neck and neck tillthe last over... when The captain got it horribly wrong, and a joke of a bowler made a fool of himself.

I mean, you have a bowler with 400 plus test wickets. 3 crucial wickets in the match. It's a no brainer.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Oh hi guise what's going on in this here thread...
Proud of all you SA boys.Get in there you deserve it.
Oh and thank you MS for bowling Nehra.
We knocked em off their effing perch today.
Oh and sorry mods but I have to:
Indian fans u mad?
Yeah u mad.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Dhoni: We just needed the bowlers to get it right. If the bowlers don't bowl it in the right areas, then you do get hit. Harbhajan was our option to bowl the last over, but I felt a seamer would do the job. Nehra has been our main bowler for the past one and half months and we had the belief in him. If we would have batted normally till the 50 overs, we could have gotten some more runs. We gave away some runs at the start and the South Africans batted well. We could have fielded well and made the score look bigger. We won't see drastic improvement in the field. The batsmen need to play till the end and curb their slogging.
He has disappointed you and India time and time when he is given the last over in pressure situations. WTF do you believe him?? Is he bribing you?? Yes, you can blame it on the middle and lower order batsmen too for their absolute disastrous performance. But you had a pretty solid chance to win this game if you had allowed Bhajji to bowl the last over. I would have accepted a loss if Bhajji had bowled last over than ****ing getting slamed in the last over all thanks to ass nehra.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
he was the one who build pressure on our batsmen...:@
WTF are you talkin about? He batted at a good rate, and the rest just pushed the self destruct button and ****ed up big time. You could blame Dhoni though, for not farming in the end.

Daemon

Indian fans u mad?
Yeah u mad.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Indian fans u mad?
Yeah u mad.
where were u when u lost to eng

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Please do not make ridiculous posts. If you have an agenda against a player, please take it elsewhere.
I agree. Gambhir did very well. It's just that Sachin and Gambhir should have not started slogging during powerplay. Yusuf too.

The other's were all atrocious.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well I don't think that's an issue as I'm pretty sure India will win against WI and end up at 2nd place in the group (behind SA). But I just rather face NZL or Pakistan than SL or Aus in the quarters.
Do you guys realize that how idiotic these type of posts sound especially after a match when your team just lost ?It is okay once in a while but almost every post like that, it is e just too condescending and insulting to NZ and Pakistani fans even more so when India has not won against a non-minnow team, even Ireland and BD have done that. Do you really think at the point it matters who we play against in the QF ?

And what difference does it make who India face in the QF ? The world cup does not end there, eventually they will have to face the good team and then what ? Where you going to hide ?

Howe_zat

Audio File
He has disappointed you and India time and time when he is given the last over in pressure situations. WTF do you believe him?? Is he bribing you?? Yes, you can blame it on the middle and lower order batsmen too for their absolute disastrous performance. But you had a pretty solid chance to win this game if you had allowed Bhajji to bowl the last over. I would have accepted a loss if Bhajji had bowled last over than ****ing getting slamed in the last over all thanks to ass nehra.
That's just a bizarre comment. If he's been "the main bowler", why on Earth has he been sporadically dropped? He's only been playing half India's matches, it's quite clear he's the fourth or fifth "main" bowler in the side.

Daemon

This is why Ashwin should be given some goddamn games. FFS you knew this pitch was good for batting days ago and you still played Nehra. Too many off spinners? **** you you can't have too much of a good thing. And either way, Ashwin's style of bowling is nowhere near to Bhajjis.

Still blame the batting for this game obv.

vcs

Message to SA: for future matches, get rid of van Wyk entirely. He's hopeless. Give AB the gloves.

Then you can play Tahir, Botha and Peterson and have more batting and bowling.
Yeah, seems a fairly obvious decision from their point of view. There's absolutely no way De Villiers is a worse keeper than van Wyk, and even if he makes 10-15 runs less per match on average due to the burden, it's still a winning proposition for them.

EDIT : He actually averages 70 with the gloves. LOL. Do South Africa think it's an unfair advantage or something to have a keeper who averages that much with the bat? :laugh:

Last edited:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
This is why Ashwin should be given some goddamn games. FFS you knew this pitch was good for batting days ago and you still played Nehra. Too many off spinners? **** you you can't have too much of a good thing. And either way, Ashwin's style of bowling is nowhere near to Bhajjis.

Still blame the batting for this game obv.
Ya Ashwin for nehra nxt match