• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #28- Netherlands vs Bangladesh- October 28th-Kolkata (D/N)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eden Gardens first game of the tournament.

Will the Netherlands be able to bounce back from the absolute demolition they received from Australia?

Aritro

International Regular
Just checked the fixture and it looks like Australia vs New Zealand is also on. Maybe at some stage I'll check the score, but not sure I can arsed trying to care about that game.

Aritro

International Regular
Two dropped diving catches that any other team would take and should not by any means be mistaken for "tough chances". Regular misfields. Just standard stuff for this team.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Netherlands struggling again.
how they beat the saffers is a mystery, their merc in Edwards played a big part in it

unless the pitch beats a deshi chase can see this going only one way, dutch way off the standard to do more than effect the odd shock which I know one could argue is all eg Ireland and Kenya did, but both of those had a bit more about them (Zimmers in 1992 also)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
229 all out.

A modest total which shouldn't trouble Bangladesh but you never know.
Gives them a chance.

If only Englands pathetic lot had the same attitude and application against Sri Lanka.

But they just gave up like a bunch of cowards.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Gives them a chance.

If only Englands pathetic lot had the same attitude and application against Sri Lanka.

Yep. We'll probably lose to the Netherlands as well when we play them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's defensible but Bangladesh, with the talent difference, should be able see this off without too much trouble.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Gives them a chance.

England's 7-11 this World Cup

73/3 vs NZL [20 14 11 15no 13no]
43/3 vs BAN [11 14 11 6no 1no]*
72/4 vs AFG [10 9 20 18 15no]*
100/3 vs SAF [12 10 35 43no absent]
36/4 vs SRL [15 0 14no 2 5]*

*Livingstone made 0, 10 and 1 respectively at #6

no substance in the middle or lower order is the point, and the rather lack bar the cameos from the last pair at the crease of anyone getting more than a cameo 10 or 20 compared to other sides like Holland - 35 from Englebrecht, 23no from Van Beek today, 78 from Edwards and 29 from De Merwe, 23no from Dutt against saffers, 28no from Van Beek vs Pakistan, 30 from Edwards and 29 from Englebrecht against kiwis, 70 from Englebrecht and 59 from Van Beek against Sri Lanka although in fairness Englebrecht is a batsman so dropped into #7 but then is that much different to eg Ali and Livingstone who feature in those England stats, and I don't mean the footnote but the 20 was Livingstone vs NZL

and yes the top 5-6 would be expected to score the bulk of any score but given those are mostly 270+ with current average runs batting first at 289 then you do expect a bit from the lower order sometimes, especially with 7 totals over 350. Not much fight from most of the England order, scoring fast but not biggish seems to be the order of the day, for the tail about the size of it.

Owzat

U19 Captain
It's defensible but Bangladesh, with the talent difference, should be able see this off without too much trouble.
I've often spotted that if key deshi batsmen don't do the business, 1-2 of them, they struggle. Das is gone, Al Hasan and Mushfiqur, maybe Mahmadullah, but if they can get Shahib and/or one of the other two quickly I can see them folding

45/3, get Shakib early and reckon this could be another humdinger of the better variety (low scoring, even if bashing sixes makes rabbits out of hats possible)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Netherlands winning any games this tournament given the state of their top order is a miracle in itself, honestly.