• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #28- Netherlands vs Bangladesh- October 28th-Kolkata (D/N)

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Been out most of the day so missed the Bangladesh innings.

Amazed at the result. This has been a bizarre world.cup.

Aritro

International Regular
At the presser Shakib was asked about his opinion that whether followers of tamim (in the squad) have negative impact on the team and he replied that its a possibility. How low a guy can go? Should be immediately kicked out of the team forever for good.
Oh my God hahaha. Least he was honest.

They've been playing good cricket for two years, beating a lot of teams including South Africa in South Africa and India at home. They've suddenly ****ing imploded in the last month, and it's pretty clear why. Toxic group dynamics in the dressing room, allegiances to different leaders, Tamim suddenly leaving his team with **** all time to adjust before the World Cup. And obviously the management circus that perpetually goes on.

Saw this in an article in The Business Standard:

After an ODI against the West Indies in 2022, Tamim, the then ODI captain, said, "The 2023 World Cup will be very important for the four of us [Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur and Mahmudullah] because we will probably finish there." Little did he know, things would turn out this way.

I remember him saying that and have been pretty eagerly anticipating this World Cup ever since. It could not have turned out more catastrophically.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Been out for a lovely walk on my last day in the southwest west of Scotland so didn’t see a single ball of this (or indeed a kick of my wretched football team’s ritual away defeat) but upon checking the scores this was my first thought. Could be costly too
Yeah and how the **** we lost to England. Mind-boggling

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bangladesh have never really been a good team for me. They’ve had glimpses but rarely show it in the icc tournaments and usually get flogged. Their board and the relationship with senior players is a mess and has been for a long time now which doesn’t help. They can win series here and there but I reckon a lot of it has to do with conditions suiting their team. But you go play odi and t20 series in most other countries you’re getting a lot more flatter wickets which doesn’t suit them.

They don’t really have the team or players coming up as well to compete consistently. They’re batting they don’t have much power at the top or down the order to take advantage of the powerplay and death overs. And their bowlers they don’t have many good quality pacers as well

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has been a seriously impressive tournament from the Netherlands other than the Australia game. Can they get one more upset in?