• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 26 - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Clearly this is just a ploy to give away runs so that the bowlers can get practice defending a total under pressure before the quarter finals.
I see what you did there Adamc.
-
140 runs AND a hat-trick in the same match would of been mind blowing.
Gem catches, drop catches this match has everything.

salman85

International Debutant
I'm somewhat perplexed.How can a bowler like Malinga,probably the best yorker bowler in the world,be so hot and cold?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TIL DIL as Fantasy Captain whoooooooo!

144 + 4 wickets. Sooooooooooo good.

WAG

Get your 5-fer son.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've done some investigating into whether or not someone's ever scored a hundred and got a hat trick in the same match.

The answer is no-one has, but of those 27 occasions of an allrounder scoring a hundred and taking three or more wickets in a match, this is the fourth occasion where a hat trick ball has come up.

Chris Gayle has done it twice, both against England, first here and then here. One notable point is that on both occasions the unfortunate man in the middle of the potential hat trick was Paul Collingwood, who had a pair of miserable matches at Chris Gayle's hands. Having been the man to set up Gayle's hat trick balls, he also failed with the ball himself, returning 0-19 off 3 and 0-58 off 9 as Gayle racked up centuries.

It is as fitting, then, as it is remarkable that the only other man to have achieved this feat is in fact Paul Collingwood. Colly scored 112 off 86 balls against Bangladesh in 2005, before taking 6-31 off 10 with the ball, including two wickets in two balls for his second and third wickets of the day. This is also only the second ever example of a hundred and a 5-for in the same ODI, after Viv Richards managed the feat in Dunedin in 1987.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm somewhat perplexed.How can a bowler like Malinga,probably the best yorker bowler in the world,be so hot and cold?
He just had an allround horrible day though. Not only bowled poorly, but misfielded lots and dropped catches.

Even the best have shockers like this.

BeeGee

International Captain
Zimbabwe have been disappointing in this WC. I expected them to be more competitive, but they've been on the receiving end of a few thrashings.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Before this game if you Googled "Dilshan Zimbabwe" the first results were concerning a story about Dilshan raping a 17 year old Zimbabwean girl on Sri Lanka's tour of Zimbabwe last year. Story never got picked up in the West but he had good traction in Asia and in Africa last year.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
For a player so ordinary Tharanga has hit a lot of ODIs 100s and in pretty decent time as well. Has hit 10 100s in 117 ODIs, by comparison Inzy hit 10 in 378 ODIs while Tharanga's captain, Kumar has only hit 10 from 287 ODIs. Though I should add 50% of Tharanga's 100s have been against Zim and Bangladesh.

Lostman

State Captain
A couple of the others was an English attack consisting of Plunkit, Mahmood, Bresnan and Harmison. (SP) Tharanga is the definition of a minnow basher.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
A couple of the others was an English attack consisting of Plunkit, Mahmood, Bresnan and Harmison. (SP) Tharanga is the definition of a minnow basher.
Always remember when he and Jaya chased down 320+ against England at Headingley in 35 overs or something. England got knocked out of EURO 2006 on the same day against Portugal if I recall, so it was ****ty and unforgettable day.

Edit -
5th ODI: England v Sri Lanka at Leeds, Jul 1, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo :laugh: