• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 26 - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tooextracool

International Coach
They went at six an over FFS!! They're tuning up for India, Zaheer aside, this attack is pretty much on a par. Certainly Price > the spinners in the Indian side.

Still, plainly SL would have been better off being 155/5 (18), wouldn't they?

Sorry mate, but what you're saying cannot be allowed to go unchecked, lest someone else pick it up and run with it.

It's good to have ideas, but this idea of yours that pissing away wickets for the sake of it is dangerously poor.
To be honest, they batted terribly selfishly. Its easy to say that they scored at 6 an over, but the fact of the matter is that they barely even made any attempt to try to accelerate until after Tharanga got his century and basically batted on cruise control on what is an extremely flat pitch against bowlers that can hardly be described as deadly. At the moment, the Zimbabwean batters are showing what can be done with a little bit more purpose against a better attack.

I've also just noticed that SL have only picked 1 regular spinner for today's game which could really work against them. If they ever decide to do this at any other stage in the competition, given that their strength lies with spin, they might as well kiss the trophy goodbye. Really baffles me that Randhiv hasnt got a game all tournament.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be honest, they batted terribly selfishly. Its easy to say that they scored at 6 an over, but the fact of the matter is that they barely even made any attempt to try to accelerate until after Tharanga got his century and basically batted on cruise control on what is an extremely flat pitch against bowlers that can hardly be described as deadly. At the moment, the Zimbabwean batters are showing what can be done with a little bit more purpose against a better attack.

I've also just noticed that SL have only picked 1 regular spinner for today's game which could really work against them. If they ever decide to do this at any other stage in the competition, given that their strength lies with spin, they might as well kiss the trophy goodbye. Really baffles me that Randhiv hasnt got a game all tournament.
Randiv's not even in the squad!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Yes, agree with all of this. Their batting from the 35th-40th over was so complacent, and their team selection is either arrogant or stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't believe they didn't review that. Sure not plumb, but it looked out live.

This is what happens when you waste a review early.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Clearly this is just a ploy to give away runs so that the bowlers can get practice defending a total under pressure before the quarter finals.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Loving the crowd and the atmosphere at the stadium. Reminds one of St. Georges Park PE. SL crowds have been amazing thus far,easily the best amongst the hosts.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a shot from Taylor!

Brilliant sweep shot off Murali.

I expect there is a few jitters in the SL camp now.

vcs

Loving the crowd and the atmosphere at the stadium. Reminds one of St. Georges Park PE. SL crowds have been amazing thus far,easily the best amongst the hosts.
Yeah, I agree. Great attendance and support for non-SL teams also.

vcs

Murali is amazing. He bowled great against Pakistan also. To come in having played so little competitive cricket recently, and gun it straight away is pretty unbelievable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great catch from Sanga. There's nothing the man can't do. WAFG

Bad luck Taibu. Got a good ball tbf