• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I hope England will win this match, because then group B will become very interesting. On the other hand if Pak tops group A and England gets eliminated, then as Blaze has mentioned, they will have a fairly easy quarter-final.
But you can expect Pakistan to finish at number 4 also :P
anything can happen but hopefully they will top the group, if they are able to beat Newzealand on 8th of March

Blaze 18

Banned
You don't want Pakistan to face Bangladesh or Ireland in quarterfinals :laugh:
I think Pakistan themselves haven't qualified for the Quarterfinals yet so i should just shut up my mouth :)
They have. And no, I don't want anyone to get Bangladesh-Ireland in the quarterfinals. Not Pakistan, not Australia, not Sri Lanka, not New Zealand. The worst team that someone from our group can get is New Zealand, so I don't see why any of them should get Bangladesh or Ireland. :D

Blaze 18

Banned
But you can expect Pakistan to finish at number 4 also :P
anything can happen but hopefully they will top the group, if they are able to beat Newzealand on 8th of March
They'll have to beat Australia to top the group. For what it's worth, I think the standings will look something like this :

Group A

1) Australia
2) Pakistan
3) Sri Lanka
4) New Zealand

Group B

1) South Africa
2) India
3) England
4) West Indies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Group B is wide open. But in the end, I do see SA, India, England and WI make it through with Ireland behind them and just left out, followed by Bangladesh (a very bad showing for them).

cricpk

U19 12th Man
They have. And no, I don't want anyone to get Bangladesh-Ireland in the quarterfinals. Not Pakistan, not Australia, not Sri Lanka, not New Zealand. The worst team that someone from our group can get is New Zealand, so I don't see why any of them should get Bangladesh or Ireland. :D
What if Pakistan lose to Newzeland & Australia & Zimbabwe games wahes out
And India wins every game from now onwards
India VS Pakistan quarterfinal :dry:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What would the Indian fans prefer? An England win - to knock South Africa further from the favourites tag and help India win the group? Or a South Africa win, to keep an England elimination alive?
South Africa win tbh. Why? Because I am confident India will beat South Africa, and top the group anyway.

Either way, I am pretty sure England will secure the fourth spot in the group and face Australia in the quarters.

Blaze 18

Banned
What if Pakistan lose to Newzeland & Australia & Zimbabwe games wahes out
And India wins every game from now onwards
India VS Pakistan quarterfinal :dry:
Hahaha, too many ifs and buts there :p. I see both India and Pakistan finishing in the top two of their respective groups, so a quarterfinal match between the two is unlikely. Maybe a semi-final or the final ? Not sure if I want India to face Pakistan, though. The two teams most likely to beat us at the moment are Australia and Pakistan.

Blaze 18

Banned
South Africa win tbh. Why? Because I am confident India will beat South Africa, and top the group anyway.

Either way, I am pretty sure England will secure the fourth spot in the group and face Australia in the quarters.
England will probably be third. Can't see West Indies beating them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
England will probably be third. Can't see West Indies beating them.
Well, coming into this tournament England definately looked like the stronger side, and had the results to back it up. But there's no doubt the West Indies have been the better side in this tournament, so they've definately got a chance.

Teja.

Global Moderator
What would the Indian fans prefer? An England win - to knock South Africa further from the favourites tag and help India win the group? Or a South Africa win, to keep an England elimination alive?
I'd like a SA win because I have money on Tahir being bowler of the tourney and Anderson going at 7 rpo is one of the greatest sights in world cricket.:happy:

Blaze 18

Banned
Well, coming into this tournament England definately looked like the stronger side, and had the results to back it up. But there's no doubt the West Indies have been the better side in this tournament, so they've definately got a chance.
Expect Swann to run through West Indies. He'll love the Chennai pitch.

Jacknife

International Captain
England have won 7 out of there last 8 meetings,but obviously haven't put a full 100 over performance together and SA have been playing well. I hope we'll see, that ability they have, to bounce back after losses, so we shall see.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why did Hussain just say the SA captain has just beaten the England captain?