• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 21 - England v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having watched a fair bit of Robbie P over the last few games, I do have to say that he has impressed me. Certainly, a notch above the one I used to know. Have to say though, this has been some terrible batting here. K Pietersen is surely looking down at what could potentially be a long hiatus for him from the ODI side unless things change drastically over the next 2/3 games.
31, 39, 50+ before this. Not that bad actually, considering he's new to the role.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How much turn is P getting? Jesus. Bring on Tahir from the other end. Nothing in the wicket for the quicks.

SeamUp

International Coach
What makes you think that?

Because it will catch England off guard and it would make sense since Van Wyk is very much a top-order batsman. Very dominant against quick bowling and I can't say the same against spin.

tooextracool

International Coach
31, 39, 50+ before this. Not that bad actually, considering he's new to the role.
mate stop making excuses. 2 of those are against minnow bowling attacks on a pitch where he has no excuse for not getting 150 odd. KP's average since the start of 2009 is in the low 20s, I cant think of any other player who could be more mollycoddled than our Sir KP.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Because it will catch England off guard and it would make sense since Van Wyk is very much a top-order batsman. Very dominant against quick bowling and I can't say the same against spin.
Yeah but its not going to happen. Kallis won't drop down to 4 and AB averages over 100 batting at 4 in India with 4 hundreds in his last 4 innings in India.

SeamUp

International Coach
Robbie P's season at Derby did the world of good for him. Played a lot of cricket and he really did work hard on his craft.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah but its not going to happen. Kallis won't drop down to 4 and AB averages over 100 batting at 4 in India with 4 hundreds in his last 4 innings in India.
Yeah but its a one-off game. There is plenty more games to come. Its what works best for the team on the day.

But Kallis could easily come in at 3 depending on the situation at the time with AB to follow.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Robbie P's season at Derby did the world of good for him. Played a lot of cricket and he really did work hard on his craft.
Also developed the doosra which meant he was no longer cannon fodder against left handers. Still bowls one or two bad balls an over but even against India where he got tap, he bought some wickets.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah spot on. I saw him bowl it in the Windies game. It hits the seam and straightens beautifully.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa could have done with Trott there. Nothing in the wicket for the quicks at the moment, may reverse later. These two have weathered the storm.

Last edited: