• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali is one of the most genuinely terrifying players in this tournament for an Australian fan. If we can survive his overs with minimal damage done, and if we can get a couple of early wickets and get into their middle order early I think we should be ok.

Spark

Global Moderator
...which we have done very very often. We've played Murali pretty well most of the time.

Not saying it'll happen again but I'm not "terrified" of him.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
...which we have done very very often. We've played Murali pretty well most of the time.

Not saying it'll happen again but I'm not "terrified" of him.
We haven't faced him in Sri Lanka in years though tbf.

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
middle and low order is the worry.Smith batting after Mussey would have been ideal but him coming after terribly out of form White and Dussey doesn't boost the confidence of handling sl spinners.like to see Ferg replace smith and batting at 5 but that wont happen.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sangakkara's due a score, tbh. The Aussie pace attack can bully you when they put on big runs so SL's best chance will be to bat first and let Murali and Mendis put them on the skids.

Watson vs the SL spinners is going to be hilarious to watch, in King Kong vs biplanes sorta way.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sangakkara's due a score, tbh. The Aussie pace attack can bully you when they put on big runs so SL's best chance will be to bat first and let Murali and Mendis put them on the skids.

Watson vs the SL spinners is going to be hilarious to watch, in King Kong vs biplanes sorta way.
Haha so true

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pretty good chance we're seeing one of the finalists in this game, probably two semi-finalists. Will stay up late and watch this one (thanks for nothing Channel 9) :@

PS: who do people think deserve to start favourites? Why?

howardj

International Coach
Pretty good chance we're seeing one of the finalists in this game, probably two semi-finalists. Will stay up late and watch this one (thanks for nothing Channel 9) :@

PS: who do people think deserve to start favourites? Why?
She will be on Ch 9 from about 8:30pm mate

I've checked the electronic program guide and it's different and more up to date to what's published in newspaper, magazine guides.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali is one of the most genuinely terrifying players in this tournament for an Australian fan. If we can survive his overs with minimal damage done, and if we can get a couple of early wickets and get into their middle order early I think we should be ok.
Aussies will be more worried about Herath. He has been bowling exceptionally well to the RHBs, and most of Aussie batsmen are right handed. If Murali manages his 10 for 45 and Herath also manages to do the same with couple of wickets, Aussies will be forced to go after Kulasekara, Malinga and Perera. These three basically had been doing better than spinners in last year. Aussies will have a tough match, and if SL batsmen don't throw their wickets by going after short stuff, chasing 250 will be a challenge at RPS.