• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 12 - Canada v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Commentators seem to think Mpofu's slinging action is losing him pace. Gotta disagree with them, bowling isn't all about the "momentumn through the crease" they're going on about. A hefty whip of the arm and twist of the hips can be as effective. Just ask Shaun Tait, or Lasith Malinga.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
haha no way best from the minnows surely but nothing more.
Averages 28 since returning back to the Zim fold but more importantly its the ER which is so good, under 4 runs per over. Wouldn't be out of place in most of the top tier sides and would walk into the Australian and South African sides. Post was made with tongue-in-cheek but he is among the top 5 ODI spinners currently playing.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine what Lee, Tait and Johnson are going to do to Canada...Zim look set to beat them by 200!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Imagine what Lee, Tait and Johnson are going to do to Canada...Zim look set to beat them by 200!
Zim haven't really played anywhere near their best either (with the bat anyway).

I'm backing Davo to lift and do well against Australia though.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Tyson Gordon's younger half brother is the current West Indian U19 captain, Andre Creary. Creary is a pretty good talent, helped knock out England in the U19 WC last year and alongside Brathwaite was inline for a test debut in 2009 against Bangladesh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what you get for leaving out two of your best batsmen - Geoff Barnett & Ian Billcliff for political reasons. Bye, bye ""Canucks""

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If zim get Nz on a turning pitch, things could get very interesting. I reckon a Zim batting collapse will probably allow the Bc's to carry the day, but if they bat first and manage 200, it'd be even for me

Howe_zat

Audio File
If zim get Nz on a turning pitch, things could get very interesting. I reckon a Zim batting collapse will probably allow the Bc's to carry the day, but if they bat first and manage 200, it'd be even for me
A lot depending on what side of the bed Southee and Bennett get out of. I don't see Zimbabwe piling on the runs against a top-8 attack but a wayward opening spell could boost them to 250 or so.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A lot depending on what side of the bed Southee and Bennett get out of. I don't see Zimbabwe piling on the runs against a top-8 attack but a wayward opening spell could boost them to 250 or so.
Hey they managed 170 against a vastly superior Australian attack. But like I say, a lot will depend on the pitch. Regardless, come friday I'll definitely be dusting off my old zim replica shirt. What can I say? It feels good to support a winning team.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Almost married a Canadian girl a couple of years ago, who knows it I had maybe I would have got a game...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good to see Canada aiming to bat out 50 overs but I fear they're starting to fall behind the required rate.