• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

Spark

Global Moderator
They looked up for it vs India tbh. Especially the way the bowlers started.
It really was only that ten over burst with the new ball until that Marsh/Carey drop though. They looked timid and confused with the bat and today they've just been abject, aside from (once again) Maxwell and a few good bursts from the quicks. And I know this is getting to psychoanalysis but the way they reacted to taking wickets at the end did not speak to a team in a good place mentally.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Oh yeah I agree but you look out there and what's going on and it's clearly a form/mentality issue first and foremost
This teams still shocking and aging. It is important I think to come into world cups and know who your 11 is months before and try get them on the best of form. We didn’t know our team two weeks before the tournament, Green, Marnus and Inglis come on without much games in the short formats for Australia. We should have had some other players built up after the 2019 world cup by now. I don’t even want to go on about our other batters and bowling line up.

Spark

Global Moderator
This teams still shocking and aging. It is important I think to come into world cups and know who your 11 is months before and try get them on the best of form. We didn’t know our team two weeks before the tournament, Green, Marnus and Inglis come on without much games in the short formats for Australia. We should have had some other players built up after the 2019 world cup by now. I don’t even want to go on about our other batters and bowling line up.
If anything I think they decided their best eleven way way back in 2021 and have only belatedly realised they need more players to have a go. Contrast with how other top sides have done about it in terms of bedding in talent with both bat and ball, and this lot just look past it both in approach and in mentality.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
I suppose no cliff hanger still in this tournament.
I predict Bangladesh vs NZ tomorrow will be close.
Just the venue chennai will suit Bangladesh spinner if their batting holds together

loterry1994

International Debutant
If anything I think they decided their best eleven way way back in 2021 and have only belatedly realised they need more players to have a go. Contrast with how other top sides have done about it in terms of bedding in talent with both bat and ball, and this lot just look past it both in approach and in mentality.
They had a core group they thought about like most teams would. But they obviously had no back up or people coming up if things didn’t go well all those series before the World Cup and it’s showing now. I think if you look at most the contenders and who they have added since the last 2019 World Cup compare to this World Cup they will have a similar core of players but the other players they brought up have got more short form experience and form than us

loterry1994

International Debutant
I would have had Warner captain after 2019 World Cup obviously they couldn’t cause of backstage stuff. He seems like a better leader compared to Smith and Cummins

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
It seems to me you should bat first unless dew is likely to be a factor, then you bowl.
It's not always obvious. Lucknow even in the ipl was an extremely sluggish surface where chasing even 130 ish type scores were very tricky. Decision to bat first in Chennai was actually right imo as it's usually a ground where breeze means there's little to no dew at night.

loterry1994

International Debutant
On the other hand are South Africa real contenders now? They have a real good long batting line up and their bowling has good variety. Way better than their 2019 side who was aging and on their last legs.

loterry1994

International Debutant
How do you manage to pick the ONE guy who's permanently banned from captaincy to captain the side???? I really want to think your perpetually trolling but for the life of me I can't tell.
I just don’t get how Smith is allowed to captain but Warner isn’t. I’ve seen when Warner captained in Ipl for Sunrisers and thought he was a damn fine captain. No need to act like a piss head