• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

King Kane

International Debutant
To make it worse for the Aussies, they won the toss and chose to bowl first lol.

The ball is moving all over the place now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeeeeep. all the stubbornness with both selection and approach stems back from that poisoned chalice. they fluked a tournament and thought it meant they were vindicated by ignoring everything that's happened in white ball cricket since 2015.
I think they should have just made Warner captain for the LO stuff after Finch as a stop gap while someone like Mitch Marsh or Head cement their spots.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think they should have just made Warner captain for the LO stuff after Finch as a stop gap while someone like Mitch Marsh or Head cement their spots.
They can't! It was a huge kerfuffle and the ****ing board of CA ended up getting involved. He's still banned from the captaincy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine the 8th circle of hell next WC when Inglis and Fraser-McJerk are batting together

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a dire idea tbh. I'd sooner make you captain than Warner.

Head should have been captain. They were too cowardly to do it before he cemented his spot.

Not that he'd be playing tonight anyway, but still.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tonight was one of the few times that I have seen Inglis keep & he didn’t look much better than a part timer

Peirson is very unlucky not to have played for Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeeeeep. all the stubbornness with both selection and approach stems back from that poisoned chalice. they fluked a tournament and thought it meant they were vindicated by ignoring everything that's happened in white ball cricket since 2015.
Basically the 2016 Presidential Election of white ball trophies then

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Fluking that T20 WC coz Arun Finch won coin tosses has really overshadowed how average we've been in white ball stuff for 4 years
We went 3-3 against India in india in the leadup to this wc and beat a full strength England in England. We've been fine in odi when anywhere near full strength.