• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 1 - India v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
my indian team for today:
sachin
sehwag
ghambir
kohli
dhoni
yuvraj
yusuf
harbhajan
ashwin/chawla (either one take your pic. they're both pretty good. will be annoyed if another mediocre paceman like nehra/munaf is played)
zaheer
sreesanth

Will be a telling match. India should win but who knows

masterblaster

International Captain
I think every Indian fan is feeling uneasy to be honest. This will set the tone for our World Cup campaign and a loss against Bangladesh is definitely not out of the equation. We have always historically been poor starters and the fact that we are playing in Bangladesh concerns me. It'll be a tough game for us but I hope we pull through and get our World Cup campain off to a positive start.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
my indian team for today:
sachin
sehwag
ghambir
kohli
dhoni
yuvraj
yusuf
harbhajan
ashwin/chawla (either one take your pic. they're both pretty good. will be annoyed if another mediocre paceman like nehra/munaf is played)
zaheer
sreesanth

Will be a telling match. India should win but who knows
Nehra or Munaf Patel should really be ahead of Sreesanth, considering Sreesanth wasn't even originally in the 15 man squad.

I just read this
The last 12 day-night matches in Mirpur have all been won by the team batting second. Overall, in 16 day-night ODIs, the team batting first has won only three times.
So it looks like it's a bowl first pitch.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Nehra or Munaf Patel should really be ahead of Sreesanth, considering Sreesanth wasn't even originally in the 15 man squad.

I just read this

So it looks like it's a bowl first pitch.
Interesting. Let's bowl first then. I like that more as well.
Thank you.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
hoping for a good performance from BD but chances are they will be absolutely decimated by India. If India bat first 350 runs and BD 140 all out. If BD bat first BD might get 170 and India will win with 8 wickets.

angad

U19 12th Man
:@ My cable guy promised he will arrange ESPN/Star just in time before WC, I trusted him and didnt bought any DTH. Now match is gonna start in less than 60mins and I dont have ESPN/Star.

Doordarshan will telecast India WC matches?

How much Airtel/Dish HD costs? Next India match is on 26th, hopefully I will watch it in full HD glory...

Chehtha

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India's batting first....will be very interesting as the pitch seems to be on the slower side