• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Kenya in Bangladesh

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
TIF said:
This is what I wrote yesterday -

And Bangladesh have done it and have achieved the level of other test-playing nations by making a 300+ score. Now dont be surprised if they go ahead and beat Australia next month.

it was against kenya though :ph34r:

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
As a BD supporter I guess I was more releived than overjoyed at beating Kenya.

I did however feel bad for Kenya. The cricketing world have not treated them well and they've literally had no cricket except for Zimbabwe as of late and they really have no backing from their people or administrators so its sad to say that their cricket is more on the decline.

As for BDs performance we played more like the way some of the test playing countries have played us.

Lets face it it is a weak Kenyan side but when you consider that we had lost 6 out of 7 of our previous games against them this performance certainly shows the gap that has evolved between the 2 sides.

BD still have a very very long way to go and its only just the beginning. I don't think any of the other sides will take them likely and right now they can defintely put pressure on the opposition. They still havent learnt to go for the kill. Also lets not forget that most of the side is under 25 and only 3 players are in their 30s. Should be interesting to see BD in about 5 yrs time I think.

I'm eagerly waiting to see Australia in BD.

Mind you I don't expect us to win anything but I certainly do expect a good fight for now.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Cracking stuff from the Tigers, decent all round performance. Shahriar Nafees and Javed Omar showed how effective they were at setting up a platform and allowing the later batsmen to turn up the heat. I wouldn't get too carried away with Mashrafe as an all-rounder though, he tends to struggle against real block-hole yorkers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:
And Bangladesh have done it and have achieved the level of other test-playing nations by making a 300+ score. Now dont be surprised if they go ahead and beat Australia next month.
Why?

Because they managed to get 300 off the Kenyan "attack"?

crickmate

U19 12th Man
It seems I was right. According to Bangladesh newspapers if there were another ball left and Mortaza could score a six out of that it would have been a world record for touching the fastest 50 in ODI.

James90 said:
I'm pretty sure someone's scored a fifty in under 17 balls. Still, huge effort from the Bangladeshis in scoring their highest ever ODI total. Hats off the Nafees, Aftab, Rafique and Mashrafe.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
An excellent performance by the tigers, should look forward now.. they should continue this.. and impress better.. they need to move forward and take everything as it comes.. They have shown a lot of maturity after the series with Srilanka..

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Im satisfyed by this performance but a bit annoyed they didn't go for the kill at the end and let their guard down. Hope in the next match they won't be complacent and go out there and hammer Kenya some more... however I still remember last year how after thrashing Zimbabwe in the first test they almost payed dearly for taking them too lightly...hope they remember that lesson this time round

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great first win for Bangladesh, I`m very pleased to see Nafees score some!

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
thats an early set back for the kenyan's and Mushrafe Mortaza is bowling well.. anyone wantching the game??

crickmate

U19 12th Man
yeah he was indeed good. But that was past. Long absent from international cricket probably done the damage. But the main problem with Kenya is the shortage of young players. Only some families plays cricket. Bangladesh on the other hand now days more concerned with the U13, U15 and U19 teams. Thats why they have affluent quality young players in the pipeline. Now its very difficult now for the selectors to select 15 players for U19 out of 50, because all of them are excellent.

Kenya just lost another wicker as I was writing. 25/3 in 12 overs.

Last edited:

crickmate

U19 12th Man
I am watching live. You can buy Chennel I for whole month for $9. Here is the link:
www.jumptv.com

Its a legal broadcast. So, mods don't worry about the link.

alternative said:
thats an early set back for the kenyan's and Mushrafe Mortaza is bowling well.. anyone wantching the game??

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The Obuya Modi partnership is rebuilding the innings the innings....we need a wicket soon...