• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland Triangular Series (Irl, Bdesh, WI)

Borges

International Regular
Ireland has reached the slippy threshold with three overs to spare. However, 310 should be quite chaseable here.

slippy888

International Captain
This would be a massive win for Ireland cricket if they can do it, expect the players to be slightly emotionally.

Borges

International Regular
If everything works out according to my wishes, Sunil Ambris will score a century, but Ireland will win by a few runs.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Ambris is a really good List A player, he should easily be there ahead of Bravo. He rotates the strike, hits boundaries and is the type who has got a run a ball 50 before you know it. Rather like Joe Root I guess. Obviously has a long way to live up to that comparison but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to get at. The batting is looking really sharp ahead of the world cup.

The bowling, however, is awful. All seam bowlers apart from Gabriel went the distance today as the pitch was flat, but they could have been more consistent. Nurse and Allen are awful spin options, we might as well play Chase and Campbell and fill in overs with them.

Beamer

More terrible batting against world class spin from Bravo, Chase, Carter, Holder and Allen. No intent at all.

With a man set and scoring at a reasonable strikerate at the other end they needed to show more intent.

This series had been great for Campbell, Ambris and Hope but noone else has put there hand up with the bat and the spinners have been abysmal with the ball.

Borges

International Regular
The quicks stilll have something to bowl at. Recklessly attack with the new ball, I say: fast and furious, with a test match field.

Borges

International Regular
The West Indian quicks have to bowl a whole lot better than this during the World Cup.

Beamer

What really worries me tbh is Holder's captaincy in ODI's.

The ball started turning and holding up in the surface and yet Allen got 3 overs, Chase 6. Neither of them went at more than 4 an over.

He has no slip in and singles were easy to come by. He doesn't seem to have much attacking imagination as a captain.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ambris should play ahead of Bravo. The batting will look real deep, attacking and good if that happens.