• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland Triangular Series (Irl, Bdesh, WI)

Borges

International Regular
C'mon, bring a spinner on now. Pace, pace, pace, even more pace hasn't got you anywhere yet.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
This has been a remarkable fielding performance. I have never seen so many elementary fielding mistakes. Dowrich alone is responsible for the loss of 15/20 runs!

Nurse bowling 6 overs at a run a ball on this surface is so poor also. Chase looks so much better. We really have to sort that spinning slot out.

Beamer

Lewis
Gayle
Hope
Bravo
Hetmyer
Russell
Holder

top 7 for WC
I'd swap Pooran for Bravo. I'd also have Hope opening but Lewis must play.

Gayle
Hope
Lewis
Hetmeyer
Pooran
Holder
Russell
Spinner (please not Nurse)
Roach
Cotterell
Thomas/Gabriel

Beamer

This has basically ended up being a straight shootout between our spinners and Bangladesh's. Hence the absolute no-contest!

Beamer

Bravo needs to go. It's not 1985. Shakib got some runs, aw yeah.
Agreed. He either has to play like he does in T20s and smash the spinners or he has to go. He seems to play with do much fear of getting out.

Still, well done Bangladesh, I thought their spinners were as excellent as usual and the batsman played very sensibly.

Our bowling was a bit worrying. I expect the batting to struggle as we're missing most of our first choice lineup, but apart from Oshane Thomas, that was most of our first choice bowling line up.

The spinners create no pressure at all and don't take wickets. It's a huge problem.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. He either has to play like he does in T20s and smash the spinners or he has to go. He seems to play with do much fear of getting out.

Still, well done Bangladesh, I thought their spinners were as excellent as usual and the batsman played very sensibly.

Our bowling was a bit worrying. I expect the batting to struggle as we're missing most of our first choice lineup, but apart from Oshane Thomas, that was most of our first choice bowling line up.

The spinners create no pressure at all and don't take wickets. It's a huge problem.
WI clearly have better options than him. Just get Campbell in there.

Beamer

WI clearly have better options than him. Just get Campbell in there.
I genuinely think our batting is pretty much sorted and in spite of today, we have decent seam bowling options and lots of pace to use in the middle overs.

We've even run much better between the wickets in this series, which is great to see (admittedly Gayle isn't here and his running won't improve).

The big weaknesses left are spin bowling and Holder's captaincy which lacks innovation.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bravo played a great cameo knock when Gayle was going berserk in that 380 losing chase against England. That was only a few matches ago too. I say persist with him

At least he has that t20 gear in him. Shai Hope doesn't, but is consistent as an anchor

Beamer

Nope. Averaged 116.20 (!!!) with the ball in his last run in the ODI team.
:laugh: We really have had some dross spinners in ODI's over the last 4/5 years. We've never managed to replace Narine.

On the subject of Cornwall, here is some good news. Looks like he will be selected for the India tour if he does meet some fitness goals.

Not that it will matter because they have scheduled the India tour during the peak of wet season. Smart!