• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in West Indies 2019/20

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha that was a truly woeful last over tbh, so many full tosses and then that half volley for him to get under

what a game

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That is daylight robbery. I'm so sorry Ireland, you deserved to win that.

I just hope that acts as a kick up the backside. That performance was not acceptable.

Beamer

I just hope that acts as a kick up the backside. That performance was not acceptable.
Except it's not day. Hopefully you get the gist!

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Hard luck Ireland. Feel sad for you.

But what a game.

Since the rains ended, it's been non-stop drama and surprises.

JOJOXI

Indeed, some expressed concern after the first game, the second certainly shows plenty of cause for concern. To be a 50/50 decision away from losing and then a decent pickup by Adair away from losing took me back to the World Cup qualifiers and how far the West Indies have fallen - more room for optimism now then a few years back but still a long way to go. Thought the changes were interesting too - would've saved them for the 3rd ODI (as long as it was 2-0) as despite the fight the tail-end batting showed Pierre is a downgrade on Paul with the bat and I'd argue Chase bowling isn't much of a downgrade on Pierre or Walsh and he can bat in the top 6 too. Doesn't take away from a poor performance though and some credit to Ireland too for stepping up their game especially as Pierre contributed to a 50-run stand with Walsh and Shepherd was economical with the ball so whilst they aren't changes I agree with, it certainly wasn't only those 2 performers who almost lost Windies the game.

SillyCowCorner1

Really like that Alzarri interview, he is definitely more mature than Hetmyer. His replies were clear and thoughtful--and straight to the point.

SillyCowCorner1

Man of the match was the 3rd umpire, Ruchira Palliyugugrute.

What a decision that was; which was the right one in the end.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
What a great finish it was, that last 10 overs showcased all the drama and tension of ODI ai its best, ably assisted by Ian Bishop's commentary.

Ireland a bit unlucky in those closing overs; some edges and loose strokes just evading fielders and lots of plays and misses. I thought Ireland a tad unlucky with that 3rd ump call; looked as if the ball broke the stumps just before the hand hit it. But it was one of those where the more you looked at it the less clear-cut it appeared.

Pretty amazing it's West Indies first home ODI series win since 2014.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ian Bishop's commentary actually pissed me off all game. He was too obviously cheerleading and I found it cringe. I'm fine with commentators clearly hoping one side wins over another but it felt more like I was watching the game at the pub with a West Indian mate than listening to commentary; it was that cheerleaderish.

Beamer

Ian Bishop's commentary actually pissed me off all game. He was too obviously cheerleading and I found it cringe. I'm fine with commentators clearly hoping one side wins over another but it felt more like I was watching the game at the pub with a West Indian mate than listening to commentary; it was that cheerleaderish.
Yeah he was uncharacteristically obvious in his support yesterday. In fairness, it's the first time I've personally felt that in a long and distinguished broadcasting career so I'll give him a break. He seems very enthused by our current ODI sides potential. Can't say I blame him after putting up with Holder's ODI side for 4 terrible years.

Beamer

I know we got away with it, but we can't go into an ODI match with a batting lineup that thin. It won;t work most of the time and as JOJOXI pointed out, the likes of Pierre don;t give us enough with the ball to justify a place in the side. I think Fabian Allen should be in the squad alongside Chase as back up. He performs a similar role only he's not quite as good with the ball and more explosive with the bat.

I'm also concerned about Brandon King. I'm a big fan of his and I expect him to be in the test squad for England after this FC season, but he has no pedigree in ODI cricket and it has showed so far. Sunil Ambris averages 60 in ODi's at a high strikerate and has an exceptional List A record. Yes he's not the most technicl batsman, but runs are runs and he should be in the side ahead of King.

My side for Sunday

Hope (wk)
Lewis
Ambris
Hety
Pooran
Chase
Pollard (c)
Paul/Shepherd
Walsh Jr
Joseph
Cotterell

I want to see more sensible batting and a more intense bowling display on Sunday.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Interesting from wi has hety and Cottrell been dropped or rested? Looking forward to watching ambris either way. Thomas with a jaffa second ball