• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in West Indies 2019/20

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That was a much better all around performance. Things are looking a lot better for the ODI side at least.

JOJOXI

The T20 squad was just shown. Dwayne Bravo makes a return.
An interesting call, I mean part of me says I would've wanted him to prove himself - he didn't have the best IPL last year from memory and was injured for the CPL. However, if he is to be considered for the T20 World Cup don't want his first match back for West Indies to be a tournament match.

This is the justification for Bravo's selection - "Dwayne Bravo was recalled with the specific intention of bolstering our ‘death’ bowling which was identified as an area that really needs improving," Cricket West Indies Lead Selector Roger Harper said in a press release. "His record in this department speaks for itself. He will also be able to act as a mentor to the other ‘death’ bowlers and lend his experience wherever needed." That is from the ICC website. I'd argue Cottrell and Williams should be decent options at the death with Paul to come back still. On the whole content with side given Paul and Allen are missing due to fitness rather then dropped. I imagine Khary Pierre will be delighted too as with Kesrick Williams and Dwayne Bravo not really bowling with the new-ball all that much you'd presume Pierre starts in all 3 T20s if fit and bowls in the powerplay along with Cottrell.

Also been travelling a lot of the day so missed most of the match but a good win it seems and interesting hearing Pollard's comments after the match effectively leaving no doubt to the public that he was dropped more then rested.

JOJOXI

That was a much better all around performance. Things are looking a lot better for the ODI side at least.
I was wondering about that earlier - West Indies lost 3-1 in India and really should've won the tied game and lost 3-2 and it was somewhat promising, then tie the ODI series v England and things looked somewhat promising and then the World Cup. A great series for Alzarri Joseph who I've felt at times has been more promise then consistent performances but was the pick of the seamers in this series aside from that the questions around the side still remain for me. Good outing for Walsh Jr. today although didn't get to see it but not sure how he and/or Pierre will do vs top sides although they need time as I'm not sure there are many available spinners (so excluding Narine) who could do better. Cornwall comes to mind but his fitness perhaps playing in mind of selectors rightly or wrongly but don't think there is much top quality spin about. The opening pair seemed somewhat nailed on with Lewis and Hope, Pooran and Hetmyer (when push comes to shove) will be in the middle-order, Pollard as finisher, Chase continues to mould himself as a floater but that other batting slot is still uncertain neither King or Ambris have really grabbed things by the scruff of the neck although perhaps a tough situation for them - if they score runs its 'only' against Ireland, if they don't they are vulnerable to falling down the pecking order.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Looks a good batting ground. WI should chase this down with ease.

I like the Bravo recall; he's a cunning bowler, and could be useful.

Bijed

International Regular
Well, this has ended up being very enjoyable to follow. Well played Ireland!

McCarthy, though. I think todays performance puts his T20I economy up above 11 :huh:

Beamer

Well done Ireland, I thought they deserved that. Their fielding was great and they had sensible bowling plans.

I can't help but feel we need another power hitter in the lower order and that the bowling needs looking at. Pierre's continued selection also confuses me.

AV1782

Cricket Spectator
Congrats to Ireland, their fielding was really solid in the face of a very back and forth last few overs. Ireland could have lost spirit after that monster 27 run over but they kept chasing down the ball and held their nerve.