• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go WARNE! In fact, I loved this Symonds demolition so much that I'm going to put Warne in my sig - first time in forever that I have someone except a fast bowler in there.

Symonds giving all his good work away via his ****tacular bowling? Priceless.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Andrew Symonds: "I've probably bowled the worst last over in Twenty20 history. Twenty20 is good for the game but not for the ego." Poor Roy, you have to feel for him. He looked quite dejected.

Bleh, I hate the guy, but he looks so sad here, can't help but sympathize.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like a great finish. I turned off my stream once Smith was gone, idiot.

In regard to team selection, Jaipur would make life a bit easier for themselves if they now introduce Tanvir and drop Akmal. Watson, Smith and Warne are all up to the mark but Akmal offers little. His keeping I would guess isn’t much better than the domestic guy Jaipur have and his batting sadly isn’t good enough to warrant an overseas slot, especially when this franchise has a plethora of extremely ordinary bowlers.

ret

International Debutant
gr8 win by the Royals .... they are looking good

appears as if not even Symo can help the Chargers .... Chennai could go Chargers way once Haydo and Hussey go, i m not sure what back up they have for overseas guys .... i don't have much hope for B'lore .... Royals are definitely looking good for a semi spot

GGG

State Captain
Andrew Symonds: "I've probably bowled the worst last over in Twenty20 history. Twenty20 is good for the game but not for the ego." Poor Roy, you have to feel for him. He looked quite dejected.

Bleh, I hate the guy, but he looks so sad here, can't help but sympathize.
Oh well he can buy plenty of tissues with 1.4 million. he shouldn't be rejected he should like the rest of the team questioning Laxman's captaincy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
gr8 win by the Royals .... they are looking good

appears as if not even Symo can help the Chargers .... Chennai could go Chargers way once Haydo and Hussey go, i m not sure what back up they have for overseas guys .... i don't have much hope for B'lore .... Royals are definitely looking good for a semi spot
Hoping for Bangalore, Delhi and Jaipur for semi spot. Class bowling and class batting.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like a great finish. I turned off my stream once Smith was gone, idiot.

In regard to team selection, Jaipur would make life a bit easier for themselves if they now introduce Tanvir and drop Akmal. Watson, Smith and Warne are all up to the mark but Akmal offers little. His keeping I would guess isn’t much better than the domestic guy Jaipur have and his batting sadly isn’t good enough to warrant an overseas slot, especially when this franchise has a plethora of extremely ordinary bowlers.
Good one there on a swap. Tanvir may even be an option to open the batting, and he adds one more genuine bowling option. That said, with a combination of Warne, Yusuf, Pankaj, Watto and Sid, they already have a good chance of taking a few wickets, and there's Dinesh Salunkhe to get some more.

From that angle, Younis Khan will be a far better pick, because he'll get extra runs. Munaf Patel has been an abomination, going for heaps of runs and conceding more while fielding. Swap Munaf and Akmal with Younis Khan and Mahesh Rawat and things will look neat. Neater still, if you get in Morne Morkel for Sid, and then you'll have to bench Younis Khan again.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne...Bloody Legend. People are glimpsing the reason I rate him so highly. You just expect this kind of fight from Warne. With Warne, you've always got a chance.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What can Mumbai Indians do tomorrow? Sachin is expected to come back, but a lot depends on the availability of Dilhara Fernando. They need an extra bowler against the strong Kings' batting lineup, and they cannot afford another 200-plus innings, facing this bowling. Fernando can come in easily, replacing Ronchi. But what about the extra Mumbai bowler? Dhaval Kulkarni will have to sit out. And there's that bits-and-pieces brigade which needs to be rested- let some genuine batsmen step up. We'd like to see Saurabh Tiwary and Ajinkya Rahane get in.

The Silver Kings can't afford another goof-up after losing two matches. It's make or break for two powerful teams at the bottom of the table. Irfan continues his impressive form with the ball, but needs to take a cue from his brother about hitting sixes. Sreesanth needs to aim the ball towards the stumps and not wide, and take wickets to put critics to rest. Hopes needs to rest his bowling arm. Sangakkara is still a key player, and maybe he can pass on the gloves to Dharmani or Kaul to concentrate on his batting.