• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That innings really sums up dhoni post 2016/17. Kills the chase, then hits a few boundaries to boost his sr to a respectable level when the game is already done.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I've seen enough of dhoni in the last few years to know that he is either completely past it and is hanging on to a career for money thanks to his reputation or he is fixing

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If he does not figure out his best place in the side, and he is not able to hit out from ball 1, he is gonna be a liability to this side going forward. Maybe they should have never let them get to 216 but the batting inning was managed terribly once Watson and then Curran fell.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its obvious he wanted to wait till game was over and then help himself for few 6s to keep NRR. It may even be smart play considering league format and may be the difference maker at the end of the group stages, BUT.....

If he is not able to hit it from ball 1, he should not be batting this low. If he is unable to rotate strike, it si fine. Faf struggled too and look at how he managed to get better. He has to bat 4 or max 5 and give himself that chance. At this level, he is still a good hitter even if he is not so at the international level. IPL always has some poor bowlers to target. More than the game, I am worried about how little confidence he seems to have on the line up once Curran got out, including himself. That is not a good look and hopefully this improves.

Otherwise CSK will be out of the game every time batting side posts more than 180.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Its obvious he wanted to wait till game was over and then help himself for few 6s to keep NRR. It may even be smart play considering league format and may be the difference maker at the end of the group stages, BUT.....

If he is not able to hit it from ball 1, he should not be batting this low. If he is unable to rotate strike, it si fine. Faf struggled too and look at how he managed to get better. He has to bat 4 or max 5 and give himself that chance. At this level, he is still a good hitter even if he is not so at the international level. IPL always has some poor bowlers to target. More than the game, I am worried about how little confidence he seems to have on the line up once Curran got out, including himself. That is not a good look and hopefully this improves.

Otherwise CSK will be out of the game every time batting side posts more than 180.
Just had a look your other 2 games are v Mumbai and Delhi at Sharjah - there goes your hopes of a league stage double over Mumbai. Although might fancy Delhi, Axar and Ashwin are decent spinners but no mystery so a lot of pressure to be perfect with length as if today is anything to go by - if its in the arc, its out the park

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The thing is those three sixes weren't exactly in what you would expect to be his swinging arc at this late stage, so he's not as much of a lost cause striking-wise purely. He's just bought into the Iceman gimmick to an insane degree when in fact he needs to be assertive from the get-go.

JOJOXI

I posted this just after Rashid let one sail over his head and bounce 5 yards inside the rope having crept in. I believe this was also the shorter boundary. But yes I take your point on the longer areas on the ground like where kohli was caught.
Late response, but thought both square boundaries were pretty big from what I've heard although not seen the graphic which shows exactly how big the boundaries are in each section.

JOJOXI

Why are we not talking about that Sanju knock?

And 4 wicket keeping dismissals
Great stuff from Samson was only half watching his knock unfortunately but very impressive from what I saw and have always warmed to him - outside of RCB him and Rajat Bhatia are up there as my favourite Indian players ever in the IPL - hopefully it can be a good season for him - might be mistaken but seem to have memories of him doing well the last time the IPL was in the UAE.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Players that have impressed me thus far(younger/fairly young crew):

Shreyas (both of them)
Devdutt
Sanju Samson
Samuel Curran
Tewatia
Suryakumar
Bisnoi

TheJediBrah

Rajasthan have found the right way to use Smith IMO. If he's going to be striking at 130-140 max he can't be batting in the middle-order. Looks like he could perform the "anchor" role well while others slog around him.

That innings really sums up dhoni post 2016/17. Kills the chase, then hits a few boundaries to boost his sr to a respectable level when the game is already done.
Funny you say that, cause just looking at the scorecard my first thought was "Dhoni did ok can't really blame him for this one".

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny you say that, cause just looking at the scorecard my first thought was "Dhoni did ok can't really blame him for this one".
Yeah maybe was a tiny bit heat of the moment but seeing dhoni 9(13) after coming into bat at 7 while chasing 216 then slogging 3 sixes when the game is long gone seems like classic modern dhoni.

TheJediBrah

Yeah maybe was a tiny bit heat of the moment but seeing dhoni 9(13) after coming into bat at 7 while chasing 216 then slogging 3 sixes when the game is long gone seems like classic modern dhoni.
I don't think you were wrong at all. You can't be 9 (13) when you need 10+ an over

Daemon

He even made it a team tactic I think. Jadeja left the last ball of the 19th over with 38 to win.