• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
May take chasing sides a bit to figure this out, but so many win the toss and chase and lose. :)
In fairness, think its still early days and the % of chasing sides winning in the UAE is above 50% if not mistaken. Although do think as pitches are used more throughout the tournament batting first will become the way to go especially outside of Sharjah (Which not only has smaller boundaries but is hosting fewer matches).

However, whilst this is a big win for the side batting 1st today, the 2 previous games won by the side batting first - Archer's last over hitting heroics ended up being the difference between the 2 sides in Sharjah - that isn't going to happen every day and think SRH's collapse was poor game management and having a very top heavy batting order.

Whilst I think a lack of a quality spinner will hurt Mumbai later in the competition, they may squeak top 4 but not convinced they will win in Hardik Pandya they have a rare gem - an established Indian player who can play at 5/6 and be relied on relatively consistently without it feeling like you are shoehorning an Indian top order player there and expecting them to be the same player they are at 3/4

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In fairness, think its still early days and the % of chasing sides winning in the UAE is above 50% if not mistaken. Although do think as pitches are used more throughout the tournament batting first will become the way to go especially outside of Sharjah (Which not only has smaller boundaries but is hosting fewer matches).

However, whilst this is a big win for the side batting 1st today, the 2 previous games won by the side batting first - Archer's last over hitting heroics ended up being the difference between the 2 sides in Sharjah - that isn't going to happen every day and think SRH's collapse was poor game management and having a very top heavy batting order.

Whilst I think a lack of a quality spinner will hurt Mumbai later in the competition, they may squeak top 4 but not convinced they will win in Hardik Pandya they have a rare gem - an established Indian player who can play at 5/6 and be relied on relatively consistently without it feeling like you are shoehorning an Indian top order player there and expecting them to be the same player they are at 3/4
Oh I don't think you can't chase. What I mean is that the way you chase. Keeping wickets in hand and hoping you can tonk 120 in last 10 will absolutely not work.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be picking Cummins again IMO

Either horribly out of form or hasn't figured out T20 cricket

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
He's had a few bad games after a long break, and he's a world-class bowler, he's a few bad performances off being a liability not considering how much they forked out for him.

Cummins is at his best opening the bowling in limited-overs, shouldn't be bowling middle overs and death when he doesn't have a yorker or refuses to bowl it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He still has the pace and bounce that can be disconcerting for most domestic batsmen in India. So I wouldn't write him off after 1 bad game. He certainly is nowhere near the force he in in tests when it comes to LO cricket but he is still a world class player, so I would give him at least 4 games before taking a call either way.

TheJediBrah

He still has the pace and bounce that can be disconcerting for most domestic batsmen in India. So I wouldn't write him off after 1 bad game. He certainly is nowhere near the force he in in tests when it comes to LO cricket but he is still a world class player, so I would give him at least 4 games before taking a call either way.
You're probably right but he was also Aus' most expensive bowler in the recent England tour, and you need to be on the ball from game 1 in a tournament like the IPL. Can't be taking 3-4 games to hit your stride because before you know it you're out of finals.

IPl tends to throw up some weird things like this though. Never would have picked James Pattinson to be returning figures as good as he has either, generally been an ordinary white-ball bowler.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I am happy that Bumrah has not lost anything. He and Cummins are that rare variety of intelligent fast bowlers who know how to manage themselves and do what is needed for the team even when they are not in the best form. Dunno about the fab 4 of fast bowling, but I can definitely see Bumrah and Cummins being the Kohli and Smith of fast bowlers.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bumrah is the best white ball bowler in the world. Bar none
Was looking at economy rate of bowlers in T20 internationals. He has the best economy rate among fast bowlers from major nations. Curiously top 8-10 spots are occupied by all spin bowlers, starting with Dan Vettori on top.

Spikey

ipl teams could have paid me $100K to advise them not to spend 3.1M on Pat Cummins

Tom Flint

International Regular
Cummins has modified his game which has lowered his pace over the last few years to become and much better and fitter test bowler. This has probably had the opposite effect on his white ball game. He can still become a top class bowler in these formats though he just needs to work at it. Though I'm sure all Australians would be happy for him to become an atg in tests and just average in everything else

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Guess that's an example where judging players/performances by scoreboard can be very misleading, he's bowled a match-winning spell and conceded some meaningless runs in his last over in a massive win, but going by the scoreboard he was MI's worst bowler.
It's a reverse Dhoni.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Least Innings taken by Indian to reach 2000 IPL runs

KL Rahul - 60

Sachin - 63

Gambhir - 68

Raina - 69

Sachin was the second fastest as an old man, how good would he have been at his peak???