• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if Kohli will miss one of the Tests, his kid is due in Jan

If there’s quarantine requirements things could get even more messy.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can't believe they scheduled the first A game at the same time as the last 2 T20's (6-8 Dec). This means so many likely selections will now be missing. Carey, Abbott, Green, Henriques, Stoinis and Agar probably would have been in A side.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems pointless having green in there if he's gonna miss A games, both Henriques and stoino can adequately replace marsh.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly Green's selection largely seems just a case of wanting to get him around the squad/coaching staff, he hasn't really fired with the bat in his short limited overs career to date, would be surprised if he gets a game when the series is live at this stage.

aussie tragic

International Captain
A bit concerning that 10 of the Aussie white ball squad are playing IPL and other than Warner, none of them have had a great series (and now Finch has been dropped)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Honestly Green's selection largely seems just a case of wanting to get him around the squad/coaching staff, he hasn't really fired with the bat in his short limited overs career to date, would be surprised if he gets a game when the series is live at this stage.
I'd love to see Green bat #4 in the ... whatever it's called this year. I'm going to call it the Mercantile Mutual Cup for old time's sake. He's done fine batting in the few games at 6-9 since his batting "took off" in 50 over cricket.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the odds on Green's picking up more stress fractures when he resumes bowling? I'll be very interested to see what they've done with his action. He wasn't quite Ian Bishop bad, but pretty close. I hope they don't do what Bishop did - he kept trying to be more chest on, even though the issue was his shoulders being too open. Not surprisingly he kept getting injured.

I'm going to call it the Mercantile Mutual Cup for old time's sake.
What's wrong with call it the 'One Day Cup'?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love to see Green bat #4 in the ... whatever it's called this year. I'm going to call it the Mercantile Mutual Cup for old time's sake. He's done fine batting in the few games at 6-9 since his batting "took off" in 50 over cricket.
This

Absolutely think he is good enough to thrive as a 50 over number 4, and if fit to be used as a 6th bowling option then that is damn exciting

Starfighter

Good to see the old fuddy-duddies aren't arguing over what I think is a pretty good squad.

Burner

International Regular
Honestly can't wait for this series to start. Seems to have really crept up on me. Now that I know, December 17 will takes ages to arrive I am sure.

stephen

So India, being the nicest folks we are, returning the favor for the 2018-19 summer and saying we will play without Kohli for the last 3 tests. :laugh:
That's a huge blow for the excitement of the series. Although it's not hard to understand why Kohli is dodging Cummins as much as is possible.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's a huge blow for the excitement of the series. Although it's not hard to understand why Kohli is dodging Cummins as much as is possible.
I am guessing NOT dodging Cummins is the main reason he is going on paternity leave, tbh. :naughty: