• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think we need one now but if there are even half the number of controversies as during the brainfade series then it might be necessary.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it has been felt often enough that we can have a subforum for the series coz we end up having that many threads. Even if no subforum, I would like to have seperate threads for each game at least during the tests.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I see there's some confusion over the availability of the Sharmas making the rounds. I'd personally pick Shaw as the second opener anyway, he can score and I don't think there's any point going back to the past.

As for Ishant, he'd solve any bowling selection issues, but playing a less than fully fit bowler on the hard pitches is always a bit of a risk (see: Boult, TA).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
India Tour of Australia 2020-21

Dettol ODI Series v India

First ODI:
November 27, SCG, 2.40pm AEDT

Second ODI: November 29, SCG, 2.40pm AEDT

Third ODI: December 2, Manuka Oval, 2.40pm AEDT

Dettol T20 INTL Series v India

First T20:
December 4, Manuka Oval, 7.10pm AEDT

Second T20: December 6, SCG, 7.10pm AEDT

Third T20: December 8, SCG, 7.10pm AEDT

Tour matches

Australia A v India A, December 6-8, Drummoyne Oval

Australia A v Indians, December 11-13, SCG (day-night)

Vodafone Test Series v India

First Test:
December 17-21, Adelaide Oval, 3pm AEDT (day-night)

Second Test: December 26-30, MCG, 10.30am AEDT

Third Test: January 7-11, SCG, 10.30am AEDT

Fourth Test: January 15-19, Gabba, 11am AEDT

Schedules for the series announced.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Seems like he might turn up after all

I want the other Sharma more though
Apparently, BCCI Medical Team have warned Rohit to not play the games for MI as he risks injuring himself worse and may end up ruling himself out of the Australia tour but MI are insisting that he play. :(

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's always the fast bowlers too
Not all that surprising if you think about it IMO. The good batsmen often seem to be the kind who played since they knee-high. In comparison most people's aptitude for fast bowling won't become apparent until late or post-puberty when their muscles become more developed. And IMO a lot of good quick bowlers are those who are able to put it all together quickly, even almost instinctively, and batting's more lots of practice, muscle memory and learned instincts, while spin bowling is perhaps more experience based too.

Hence IMO a really good cricketer who 'comes out of nowhere' is more likely to be a pace bowler than the other two.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

man i'm a sucker for these coming out of nowhere stories. it's always the fast bowlers too. seems like a really nice bloke, hope he does well.
Love the fact that so many young cricketers around the world still regard Tests as the ultimate form of the game. Also, w.r.t. fast bowlers, it seems the case especially in the subcontinent that many happened upon the game in a serious way only halfway through their teens. No coincidence this either; batting requires a significant financial investment from a young age and returns aren't always guaranteed, something families of modest backgrounds wouldn't be too inclined towards. You have more chances of making a splash as a fast bowler with a little zip, which becomes apparent only at a more developed age.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Hope Bumrah is fit and firing for this series. Today's match(though a different format) gives me a lot of hope. Can't wait for the test series to get underway !

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You guys should check out the stories of T Natarajan and Varun Chakravarthy too. Amazing what IPL can do for these cricketers from such backgrounds and motivations.
Link?

I loved Bumrah and Umesh's stories as well.

Even the Pandya bros living on maggi was a good read.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey , Pat Cummins (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Sams, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Aus squad for the LO stretch of the India tour announced. May see green get a debut in the odi leg of the tour, he and henriques where picked to fill in for marsh but article with squad only mentioned t20 for henriques.