• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's saying the bowling failed at Sydney and Melbourne before the batting, so it's hard to blame the bowling failure on the batting failure.

A big issue with the flat deck on day two was that India was still batting on it. Two wickets and four wickets on day one was a disgraceful performance.
Full credit to Pujara who batted masterfully. Poor effort by the groundsmen who gave nothing at all to the bowlers. Those decks were utterly lifeless from day 1.

Paine did show his lack of experience in his captaincy. He never seemed to have a plan B for when plan A (bowl Cummins into the dirt) failed.

I also think that Cummins should have taken the new ball over Starc. He's been lethal any time he's been given the chance.

I do agree that Hazlewood bowled worse in that series than I think he's bowled at any other time. He was straying into the hip regularly in his efforts to bowl too fast.

the big bambino

International Captain
Poor effort by the groundsmen who gave nothing at all to the bowlers. Those decks were utterly lifeless from day 1.
Why its almost as if pitch conditions are relevant when discussing the relative merit of batting performances - despite the fact Starc can bowl 150ks.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aus...2020-11-25?mode=amp&__twitter_impression=true.

Don't know what the selection headache with the odi side is about, pick

1.Warner
2.Finch
3.Smith
4.Marnus
5.Green
6.Carey
7.Maxwell
8.Starc 1
9.Cummins
10.Zampa
11.Haze 2

Green is supposedly bowling fine in the nets and he's most likely going to either be our pack up for marsh or main seam bowling allrounder at the 2023 WC. Stoinis is a proven failure in odi's and didn't show any signs of being better vs England when he replaced smith, and more importantly he and henriques will be mid 30's at the next wc.

The talk of replacing marnus with another seam bowling allrounder is even more ridiculous. Our main 4+Maxwell, whichever seam bowling allrounder they pick and marnus are enough to get 50 overs a game. We've spent year's trying to find a new #4 in ODI's, talking about replacing him is borderline heretical.

aussie tragic

International Captain
ODI Locks: Warner, Finch, Smith, Maxwell, Carey, Starc, Cummins, Zampa, Hazlewood.

Word is they'll just move Smith in for the injured Marsh, so Labuschagne and Stoinis keep their spots. The problem with that is in the 3 ODI's against Eng, Marsh bowled 19 of the 30 overs required by the 5th bowler (Maxwell bowled 7, Stoinis only 4 and Labu didn't bowl).

This means to me they have to play Henriques (too early for Green), however he bowls very little these days as well (or follow the T20 strategy of Agar at 7)

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aus...2020-11-25?mode=amp&__twitter_impression=true.

Don't know what the selection headache with the odi side is about, pick

1.Warner
2.Finch
3.Smith
4.Marnus
5.Green
6.Carey
7.Maxwell
8.Starc 1
9.Cummins
10.Zampa
11.Haze 2

Green is supposedly bowling fine in the nets and he's most likely going to either be our pack up for marsh or main seam bowling allrounder at the 2023 WC. Stoinis is a proven failure in odi's and didn't show any signs of being better vs England when he replaced smith, and more importantly he and henriques will be mid 30's at the next wc.

The talk of replacing marnus with another seam bowling allrounder is even more ridiculous. Our main 4+Maxwell, whichever seam bowling allrounder they pick and marnus are enough to get 50 overs a game. We've spent year's trying to find a new #4 in ODI's, talking about replacing him is borderline heretical.
I think that's the side I'd run with too, though I'd probably bat Carey ahead of Green, unless it gets to like 3/160 or something good then I'd throw Maxwell in there and just unleash hell. Green and Maxwell can get through ten between them imo, particularly at Sydney which ought to be decent enough to bowl spin on.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Will they go with Cameron Green ODI 1? Hope so.

Trying to recall excuses given for Australia's poor bowling last time but they were a big topic.
Wasn't disharmony mentioned?
In any case they sure are without excuses this time around.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will they go with Cameron Green ODI 1? Hope so.

Trying to recall excuses given for Australia's poor bowling last time but they were a big topic.
Wasn't disharmony mentioned?
In any case they sure are without excuses this time around.
Fairly certain we will see stoinis over green today, hey'll make 25(35) or something to that effect, end up with bowling figures of 5-0-35-0/1 and play all 3 odi's because he has huge biceps.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fairly certain we will see stoinis over green today, hey'll make 25(35) or something to that effect, end up with bowling figures of 5-0-35-0/1 and play all 3 odi's because he has huge biceps.
Haven't you heard? He's five times better this season!

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I ought to have been clearer...

... particularly when his other average being 9 will not help clarify things either

Shady Slim

International Coach
you say this however green is also a BIG UNIT with LONG LEVERS so he could finally be the nexus of merit-based and rig-based selection if we're lucky

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Backing Punter in here. He wouldn't bang on about him unless he'd seen something, and he knows the game six ways to Sunday. I bet Stoinis has improved a ton.

He'll still be cod ordinary though.