• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
oh yeah a couple were but its t20 ffs. Most of them were out playing semi-defensive shots

wait how was kohli's a dumb shot. Full ball outside off, tried to cover drive. I'd say ABs is the only seriously poor shot

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It does not always work out well for Virat when he drives the very first ball he faces. I think he needs a ball or two even in T20s to sort out his feet movement and ensure he is not playing too away from the body as it is obvious that with his hard hands and snappy wrist work at point of impact, he is much more likely to nick off than batsmen who play the traditional drives.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
it's a far cry from "reckless" batting though especially in t20s. They were just completely caught out by an unexpected display of international standard fast bowling

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just a reminder to all Indian supporters that NCN is at the absolute best the 7th best fast bowler in Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
it's a far cry from "reckless" batting though especially in t20s. They were just completely caught out by an unexpected display of international standard fast bowling

Yeah, I would say more careless than reckless. Differences in degree and all that but AFAIC, it was an opening given by pretty poor shot selection by their 2 best batsmen and then KKR were good enough as bowlers to knock the door down post that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a reminder to all Indian supporters that NCN is at the absolute best the 7th best fast bowler in Australia.
I think you're in danger of overdoing the "look how **** India's pace bowling depth is compared to Australia" trope now.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't he 4th best after Starc-Haze-Cummins?
Hard to say because he's been out for so long, but to be quite honest I wouldn't be surprised if many considered him not even in the top-10

Hastings, Bird & Pattinson are clearly ahead of him (format dependent however). Do you count Faulkner? Siddle's finished so I wouldn't count him. Personally I'd have a few guys that haven't even debuted like Behrendorff ahead of NCN as well.

Not Stanlake though. NCN is ahead of Stanlake for mine.

No. 7 sounds about right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No way that is true in T20s. He has been gun in T20 format for a while now. Didn't an injury slow him down or something?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc, Haze, Cummins, Pattinson, Bird, Sayers are all ahead for sure while arguably Behrendorf and Tremain are as well. Which would make him 10th. Of course this is for tests. For limited overs Sayers and Bird give way to Faulkner and Hastings.