• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there a way England can play all of Broad, Anderson, Archer and Stokes in India?
Not for every match, but honestly I wouldn't be against it, we ain't getting India out with two of Leach, Bess, or even though I love him the Beard, who looks spent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not for every match, but honestly I wouldn't be against it, we ain't getting India out with two of Leach, Bess, or even though I love him the Beard, who looks spent.
Yeah those 4 + Leach and Root could be a way to go.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root (c)
Pope
Buttler (wk)
Stokes
Archer
Leach
Broad
Anderson

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah those 4 + Leach and Root could be a way to go.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root (c)
Pope
Buttler (wk)
Stokes
Archer
Leach
Broad
Anderson
Think that's the sort of line up we're likely to go for I think unless it looks like a raging turner (though Stokes should bat at 5). If there are still doubts about Pope's fitness Moeen could slot in at 6 or 7 to be the 2nd spinner. Either way leaves an awfully long tail though and a top order that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence right now. Woakes would strengthen the tail but I think they'd prefer Archer's extra pace over the extra batting.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Surely you need more than one spinner on Indian wickets? I get playing your best bowlers regardless but you're setting yourself up for a lot of fruitless toil with four seamers once the ball goes soft. Think Ali has to be accommodated somehow if only because he's killed us in the past.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely you need more than one spinner on Indian wickets? I get playing your best bowlers regardless but you're setting yourself up for a lot of fruitless toil with four seamers once the ball goes soft. Think Ali has to be accommodated somehow if only because he's killed us in the past.
We have Root too, who ATM looks as dangerous as our front-liners.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
given that he seems to bat through three quarters of the innings he might need some rest in the field
Yes but he won't be vs India which is the point.

Anyway if the spinners are ****, play your best bowlers. But at the same time, India have a knack of collapsing to **** spinners while tonking Warne/Murali and co all over.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
This match has become a nightmarish one on one clash in the 2nd innings. Played Root, played Embu. That's it.

Hope.things even up.a bit in the next couple of innings and make.it resemble a team sport.

Kirkut

International Regular
Archer must play every test and should not bowl a spell of more than 5 overs. These 5 overs should be express pace bowling.

The immortal of words of Imran Khan "Don't worry about line and length, just bowl as fast as you can."

Kirkut

International Regular
I'd say play both Wood and Archer, and bounce these arrogant Indians off who think too high of themselves after facing Cummins/Hazlewood/Starc.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Article from today. So still not decided.

India vs England 2021 tour fixtures: match dates, start times and full TV schedule (telegraph.co.uk)
How to watch India vs England live in the UK
It is still unclear who will broadcast the series in the UK. As Telegraph Sport revealed in December, the tour is set to be shown on Disney's Hotstar streaming service, although the final arrangements have yet to be confirmed.

Star Sports, part of the Disney empire, has exclusive rights to broadcast cricket within India and sells on its access to broadcasters in other territories, such as Sky or BT.

But the explosion in popularity of streaming services, such as its Disney+ channel, has led Disney to seriously consider retaining the rights, worth around £20 million, and screening matches in this country via one of its own digital platforms rather than selling them on to a traditional broadcaster.