• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Sehwag309

Banned
You didn't read my previous post then

He is using what others used against him, since there was nothing done about it. Why not!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
i feel akmal and salman are fast enough openers and are capable of giving flying starts ,i mean afridi kinda got wasted there a quick fire fifty from him could av made it more interesting ,razzaq played gud too but i doubt it that theyl stick with him at number 3
But how is Afridi a better choice than Razzaq at number three ??

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
well thats what i feel ,not that razzaq did a bad job ,and thats only if the openers get out early to boost the scoring rate ,its just some thing that i felt shud be done

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Its a matter of Pak winnings the toss and batting 1st, its genuinely an advantage

I dont see India winning 3rd time in a row, Inzi will win toss and bat 1st..I want to see India chase something for a change

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
yep the toss is important ,but its not that someone looses the toss on purpose
but yes i would very much like that change too

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
i have a question--why the hell was kaneria left out of the first two matches??? doesnt make any sense at all. please tell me if there's a valid reason for this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
shoot_me said:
i have a question--why the hell was kaneria left out of the first two matches??? doesnt make any sense at all. please tell me if there's a valid reason for this.
Because for some reason, they have worked out that he won't be effective in ODIs.

shaka

International Regular
I hope they don't bat Razzaq up the order if they bat second, he is devastating playing in the closing stages of an ODI!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shoot_me said:
I highly doubt India'll go with 3 left armers. Now that Nehra has performed well, it will be really hard for Pathan to get an opportunity to play but that's just how it goes. Balaji's injury is terrible news for India IMO but according to some people it's a good thing :huh: ?. I wonder if those statements were caused by their dislike for balaji or their admiration of Agarkar. but balaji could play in the 4th odi.
Why do you presume Zaheer cant be dropped ??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shoot_me said:
I think, well how can one be sure :) ?, that they feel with Afridi bowling leg breaks they have one such bowler so they would have more variety with an off spinner as the second slow bowler. Having Kaneria, with Afridi a cert, the bowling would lack variety. I am not saying I agree. But this could be the logic used.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shaka said:
I hope they don't bat Razzaq up the order if they bat second, he is devastating playing in the closing stages of an ODI!
I think it has to depend on the situation.

Chasing that huge total it would've been pointless sending him in at the normal place needing 10-12 an over, so pushing him up to 3 gave them the early momentum.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
My team for the third odi
Salman butt
Akmal
Razzaq
Inzamam
Yoyo
Hafeez
Malik/YK
Afridi
Rana