• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v England T20 International series in Ahmedabad

BoyBrumby

Englishman
At a canter in the end.

Nice knock from Jos but the win toss/bowl first/win match thing is getting a tad old.

Has Ahmedabad always been this bad?

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
At a canter in the end.

Nice knock from Jos but the win toss/bowl first/win match thing is getting a tad old.

Has Ahmedabad always been this bad?
All venues that have dew issues in the evening are same. It keeps getting worse as the game progresses. When two equally good teams play, toss is the deciding factor.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It is tough for India because in terms of IPL performances, they have the right batsmen out there and many of the right bowlers (other than Thakur). KL was top run scorer last year (played), followed by Dhawan (in the squad). Iyer fourth (played), Ishan fifth (played). Maybe it is just about the players getting match practice in the format in the IPL to be ready for the World T20.

In terms of bowling, it is very difficult again because Chahal had a great IPL - but his powers just seem very limited against England outside of his six-wicket haul in a T20 in 2017. Looking at the figures, I think India should really consider that Chahal just cannot take wickets against England and perhaps to pursue alternative options like Axar. M Ashwin and Bishnoi were impressive in the IPL but somewhat inconsistent

Right now, it does feel that the Indian T20 bowling stocks has a bit of a gulf between Bumrah / Natarajan / Washington and the rest.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Conspiracy Theory time

Have management decided to keep the mystery spinner, Chakravarthy away from the English batsmen / analysis machine with a fake fitness test story?!

sunilz

International Regular
Conspiracy Theory time

Have management decided to keep the mystery spinner, Chakravarthy away from the English batsmen / analysis machine with a fake fitness test story?!
But he will play IPL , won't he ?

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Conspiracy Theory time

Feel bad for him tbh. Shouldn't these fitness tests be before a player is selected? What's the point of picking the players and then crushing their confidence like this. Chahal might be slightly faster than Varun, but he gets smashed around the park, we need to maintain high standards of fitness but we can't overdo it.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Chahal has been extremely mediocre for a while
Since 2018 in T20I:

Kuldeep Yadav

Inngs - 12
Wkts - 27
Avgs - 11.66
Econ - 6.77
SR - 10.3

Yuzi Chahal

Inngs - 34
Wkts - 36
Avgs - 32.25
Econ - 8.66
SR - 22.3

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jos's genius won England the game and made it look a lot easier than it really should have been, IMO. He was a class apart today, just like Virat in the first innings.

I think a few key moments that cost us the game were Hardik being so out of touch at the death, could have easily added another 15 to the final total and that could have made all the difference. Then with the ball, the 2nd overs of Chahal and Thakur were extremely poor inside the powerplay. Have no idea why we simply dont open with Bhuvi and Washy every time. Then again, Pandya's bouncer at Malan was very ill timed and ill advised. 2 previous overs had only gone for 4 each and there was some sort of momentum being built up by the bowling side, as that over had only gone for 4 too in the first 5 balls. Pandya is trying to look too cool out there, it may well be his general mannerism but I get the feeling he is trying too hard to take it a bit too easy, if that makes sense.

We should get Axar and SKY in next game for Rahul and Chahal. I would be tempted to rest Rishabh and see if I can get in Tewatia too. You need the 6 bowling options over here and I still think spin will be the issue for England this series. Jos bossing the chase has made it hard for India to comeback, but that was the case in our previous two test series as well. I think this team will come back, so lets see.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This was a whatsapp fwd after the last game too and one of my school friends had a great response in the whatsapp group. "He wont score even if he plays in Rajiv Gandhi Stadium" :lol:

Shri

Mr. Glass
think kuldeep's been seen as soft for a while tbh

wrong of course

idk why chahal still plays either

bishnoi actually looks like a fearless leggie who just gets on with it if he gets hit (which is a rare occurrence) and should be given a shot

kuldeep needs to be backed and encouraged and shouldn't have to deal with ****s like kohli

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kohli said he used a heavy bat at over 15 or so and went on to score huge in the last four overs. If only they knew the problem earlier.... :(

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kohli said he used a heavy bat at over 15 or so and went on to score huge in the last four overs. If only they knew the problem earlier.... :(

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pandya is trying to look too cool out there, it may well be his general mannerism but I get the feeling he is trying too hard to take it a bit too easy, if that makes sense.
It's definitely not his natural mannerism. Everything he does is modeled after Pollard and Caribbean "cool". I imagine it earns him some credit with Kohli who's similarly vapid but it's his cricket that's suffering in the process. He should embrace his inner Kathiyawadi and break out the theplas.