• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least Kohli has the celebration of someone else actually doing something useful to remember. Or was he celebrating the fact he won't have to face Jimmy again.

Xuhaib

International Coach
With respect.

What the **** are you on about? We lost 7 wickets for 80 in the third innings throwing away a completely dominant position and the fast bowlers concede 380 at 5 rpo but the guys to blame are one spinner who didn't play and another who scored a hundred? Again with respect this is ****ing stupid.

The middle order is the biggest problem and has been for 4 years now. The pacers are OK but not quite as good as people think and seem to lack ideas even on bowler friendly pitches at times. But yeah ashwin should've drove to the ground and grabbed the ball and taken 10fer. Wtf
I was not making an analysis on how this game went I hardly watched a ball or two I looked at the scorecard saw the spinner had zero impact on a 380 chase and made a comment on an observation I had for past few years that the two leading spinners in the modern game are hardly a factor for india away from home when they run riot against most teams at home.

the big bambino

International Captain
Moin,Lyon I recall have out bowled him couple of times on decent pitches.

There is a reason despite his outstanding overall record he is not an autopick in away tests if Ashwin and Jadeja were more consistent overseas with the ball they would be confirmed pickw for 7& 8 with 3 pacers given they both bat quite well.
But isn't at least one of them picked most, maybe every time? The tests India play OS are usually favourable to pace bowlers leaving only one spot for a spinner. And India have two men competing for that spot which means they have depth that say, Australia, doesn't. Lyon is consistently in our side. If India only had one of Jadeja or Ashwin then I think that man would be a regular player OS. But as India has choices then they can afford to swap them from time to time.

Uppercut

Given that it was a 4th innings chase and the pacers weren’t very effective, it’s very strange that Jadeja bowled an ultra-defensive line into the pads for the entire innings.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Positives - Root, Bairstow (both obvs), Lees (set the tempo, again run out when looking well set, needs a big one!), Potts (bowled beautifully without the wickets to show for it), Anderson (5-60 when others getting Panted) Stokes (bowled better than he's done for ages, some interesting captain decisions, not all worked but at least imaginative), Leach (recovered well from a brutal 1st innings and got revenge on Pant)

Middling - Broad (just for THAT over, lame tactics, but hey, got no. 550) Billings (done ok), Crawley (cut him some slack, he looked so much better 2nd dig, put the drive away unless the ball was a rank pie and showed he can defend. The ball that got him nipped back and even if he played at it would probably have been nicked behind)

Negatives - Pope (not his week)

Uppercut

Given that it was a 4th innings chase and the pacers weren’t very effective, it’s very strange that Jadeja bowled an ultra-defensive line into the pads for the entire innings.
Probably another example of England’s aggression leading opposing captains to some bizarre tactical choices.

Daemon

Not sure whether the 375-3 was more remarkable or the fact that Lees and Crawley got to 100-0. When was the last time that happened for England?