• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

BazBall21

International Regular
That's why I always feel bit uncomfortable rating Jadeja/Ashwin among great spinners of the game despite their terrific records they hardly ever seem to be a factor away from home.

Mind you Jadeja as a cricketer is one hell of a package but as a spinner does he belong in the same league as a bedi, kumble,prasanna,Chandra?
I rate Ashwin and Chandra as India’s top two greatest spinners of all time. Not sure Ashwin’s overseas record is good enough to be ATG. Had an amazing tour of Australia though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
tbf ash has had two genuinely good to great series where offspinners go to die in australia and jadeja hasn't been half bad here either so i think to say that they've hardly ever stood up away is a bit rich
Ashwin was genuinely good last time in Australia tied Smith in knots but was still mainly a support act and not the main threat.

Time after time i have seen him miss out on making an impact away from home even when pitches are supporting and he gets outbowled by opposition spinner quite often

Xuhaib

International Coach
Moin,Lyon I recall have out bowled him couple of times on decent pitches.

There is a reason despite his outstanding overall record he is not an autopick in away tests if Ashwin and Jadeja were more consistent overseas with the ball they would be confirmed pickw for 7& 8 with 3 pacers given they both bat quite well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to the England team and all England fans here. @chris.hinton the bantz were fun but please dont overdo it and ruin the atmosphere now that you have won. :)

The Indian players came in undercooked and with literally no multiday format practice and it showed. They were very obviously worse than they were in the first innings with both bat and ball. But that is what the BCCI deserves for not moving the IPL back a couple of weeks and allowing this series to finish off last year. I know we were ordinary with both bat and ball across 3 overseas tests now in the 3rd and 4th innings and its scary that is how Dravid's coaching era has begun. People forget how bad a captain he was for RCB and even RR and how so many of his ideas were so out of the blue sometimes. Hopefully he can figure out the best way to get this side to regroup again.

England, and especially Bairstow, played such a high quality game though. Its stupid to call it as a game India lost when I feel even now it is very much a game, England and especially Bairstow won. Stokes' bowling and captaincy have been good and Root has continued to be Root but really, this win is all down to Bairstow. No Bazball or Rootometer or Stokespeare is gonna change that. Glad to see him do so well as he is obviously very passionate about playing for England especially in this format.

I said it after the last NZ test that us Indian fans will join in the doom and gloom with NZ and we will. :) The fact that we have drawn the series and retained the trophy is a nice thing to hold onto though. Virat has to find some form in the LO legs soon. Our next tests are apparently in November against Bangladesh and then the big BG series. Hopefully we find some answers before that wtih respect to Siraj, Shardul, Gill, Virat, Vihari and Shreyas.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

There is a reason despite his outstanding overall record he is not an autopick in away tests if Ashwin and Jadeja were more consistent overseas with the ball they would be confirmed pickw for 7& 8 with 3 pacers given they both bat quite well.
That makes no sense though. Moeen outbowled him in a test when he was injured and Lyon outbowled him like once IIRC on the back of a much better attack bowling to a much worse batting line up.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

With respect.

What the **** are you on about? We lost 7 wickets for 80 in the third innings throwing away a completely dominant position and the fast bowlers concede 380 at 5 rpo but the guys to blame are one spinner who didn't play and another who scored a hundred? Again with respect this is ****ing stupid.

The middle order is the biggest problem and has been for 4 years now. The pacers are OK but not quite as good as people think and seem to lack ideas even on bowler friendly pitches at times. But yeah ashwin should've drove to the ground and grabbed the ball and taken 10fer. Wtf

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It seems all rationality is out of the window when discussing Indian cricket once again. The plain facts are that we were very obviously undercooked coming in just like we were in the WTC. It is the BCCI's fault for sure and they deserve to have the team lose like this for that. But the way people carry on about players who are all actually very nice people is just silly sometimes.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That makes no sense though. Moeen outbowled him in a test when he was injured and Lyon outbowled him like once IIRC on the back of a much better attack bowling to a much worse batting line up.
Fair enough you watch him more then I do so I take your word but I remember Kumble and I remember him very fondly especially in 2nd half of his career overseas and I don't recall many similar performances from Ashwin.
It's true I use to watch more neutral games as a youngster so possibly this could be the reason I recall more impact performances from Kumble then either Ashwin/jadeja