• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

the big bambino

International Captain
If this pitch stays anything like it is, I hope it will be rated 'poor' by the ICC.
But it gave you the 600+ dec to ensure you’re sides first series win here.

Personally I’d rate it higher than say Melbourne which gives all its favours to the team batting first then bowling second.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But it gave you the 600+ dec to ensure you’re sides first series win here.

Personally I’d rate it higher than say Melbourne which gives all its favours to the team batting first then bowling second.
Yeah well it would be great for me personally if the Test was rained out for the next three days. But I don’t think that makes for good Test cricket. I don’t mind draws - but IMO if you draw a Test match after five full days of play, it should be memorable because played a special innings or batted out of their skins. Not a bore fest draw.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm with silentstriker on this. If Australia declared, you punish them by batting out the rest of the test.

It's madness and makes no sense from Warne. Better off making as much as possible and hopefully getting a lead and try and roll India on day 5.

It would take a miracle but it's the best strategy.

cnerd123

likes this
Ishant would be playing if he was fit, as would Ashwin

Good move to play two spinners imo. Allowed us to play 6 batsmen without having to break our fast bowlers. Jaddu and Kuldeep can do bulk of the bowling. Helps having Vihari too

Even if we don't get a first innings lead here, we hopefully take so much time out of the game that the chances of a 3rd innings collapse + Australia win are miniscule. Although I'm still worried that's a very real possibility.

cnerd123

likes this
Getting reverse eh? Hmmm suspicious I’d say.
Given India are the visiting team, if they were doing anything shady the local broadcasters would have caught it and aired it.

Actually I hope they are. Would be amazing.

But yea, I understand how you, as an Aussie, can't believe that reverse swing can be achieved conventionally.

the big bambino

International Captain
Given India are the visiting team, if they were doing anything shady the local broadcasters would have caught it and aired it.

Actually I hope they are. Would be amazing.

But yea, I understand how you, as an Aussie, can't believe that reverse swing can be achieved conventionally.
“No you.”

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
The direction and camerawork from the new broadcasters this series has not competant enough that they could do that

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would prefer see Chahal in India team he a more mystery spinner that can cause more panic rather than Kuldeep
Chahal's not Kuldeep's arse in multi day cricket.

This is a Roadstralia special and he has India's only wicket so far. Lay off for a bit IMO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm seriously starting to doubt the likely entertainment value of staying up all night to watch the rest of this game.