• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith's idiocy lies in that press conference
But not in failing to do nothing to stop his vice captain from bullying the rookie into cheating?

**** me, these are some moronic posts. Just because he wept like a 6 year old girl who had her candy stolen everyone is suddenly making him out to be innocent of any real wrongdoing. Absolute nonsense. Just because the punishment went way overboard doesn't mean he didn't ****ing cheat.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But not in failing to do nothing to stop his vice captain from bullying the rookie into cheating?

**** me, these are some moronic posts. Just because he wept like a 6 year old girl who had her candy stolen everyone is suddenly making him out to be innocent of any real wrongdoing. Absolute nonsense. Just because the punishment went way overboard doesn't mean he didn't ****ing cheat.
Hey, a captain is ultimately responsible even though he may be turning a blind eye towards things, but that's not cheating per se. That's a kind of dumb, yes, but the real idiocy he displayed was in that press conference without a doubt.

TheJediBrah

Poor little meek Smith bullied into cheating by big bad Dave Warner. He's just an innocent little boy misled by his deputy.

**** off with this bull****. No one is buying it.

You've been on this "Smith knew about it all along" crusade since the whole thing happened, and that's fine, but don't act as though you know exactly what happened and anyone suggesting otherwise is "moronic"

I don't know why it makes you so upset when people suggest that Smith wasn't particularly involved with the actual incident

OverratedSanity

You've been on this "Smith knew about it all along" crusade since the whole thing happened, and that's fine, but don't act as though you know exactly what happened and anyone suggesting otherwise is "moronic"

I don't know why it makes you so upset when people suggest that Smith wasn't particularly involved with the actual incident
Yes clearly it's me pretending to know exactly what happened.

here we go again

Smith didn't do ****
He didn’t do it. Warner and bancroft went rogue

cnerd123

likes this

Steve Smith the ultimate Beta-male and all the Aussies are jumping to his defence. Quite telling tbh

TheJediBrah

Yes clearly it's me pretending to know exactly what happened.
You're the one who always seems to get so worked up about it, which is unusual because you're normally quite chill and non-combative.

I make bold absolute statements with no basis in fact all the time so it's not really something special. I'm also not calling everyone who disagrees with me moronic.

Steve Smith the ultimate Beta-male
I've been saying this for years. Actually probably used this exact wording multiple times.

Last edited:

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Aus vs Ind, Brisbane

Starts at 01:20 PM IST.

Did you know?

- The last time India played a T20I series in Australia was in January 2016 when an MS-Dhoni led team blanked the hosts 3-0. Since then, Australia have lost series to Sri Lanka and South Africa (one-off game) at home, with their last series win at home coming in November 2014.

- Virat Kohli's 641 runs in 2016 is the record for most runs in a calendar year in T20Is. Shikhar Dhawan (572) and Rohit Sharma (560) have the chance to go past Kohli's tally in this series.

- Jasprit Bumrah needs four more wickets to become the only the second Indian after R Ashwin to reach the milestone of 50 wickets. In case he gets four or more wickets in the first game, Bumrah will become seventh fastest to the 50-wicket mark.

- Rohit Sharma needs 65 runs to go past Martin Guptill as the highest run-getter in T20Is. So far, he has scored 2207 runs in 87 matches at an average of 34.40 with four hundreds and 15 fifties

Kohli no century (best 90) and 18 scores of 50 in t20i
Impressive because not many popular player of t20's hits more 50's than virat, I may wrong coz I still not check stats of BaZ and Gayle.

Last edited:

Gnske

More on topic, can I just say how devastated I am not to attend the blockbuster opening for this tour? There's going to be so many runs and wickets for India to get and I'm going to miss it.

Envy the Brisbanites who get to enjoy this live and payed.

vcs

I wonder if Smith would be getting such a passionate defence if he had, say, Shaun Marsh's stats.

Burgey

If he had Marsh’s stats he wouldn’t have been in the side, because he isn’t a Marsh.

Starfighter

More on topic, can I just say how devastated I am not to attend the blockbuster opening for this tour? There's going to be so many runs and wickets for India to get and I'm going to miss it.

Envy the Brisbanites who get to enjoy this live and payed.
Opening test is Adelaide. Brisbane gets Sri Lanka for a day/nighter.

TheJediBrah

Yeah, I get it now.

Shows how much I care when it's not on free-to-air.

**** you Cricket Australia.
You can stream it for free. Quality's just as good. Gonna have it on my bedroom widescreen tv while doing other things. Like playing the new pokemon and eating dominos.

This whole "not on free to air" thing only really affects people with really bad internet connections.