• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the most exciting aspect of this series is the fact that, no matter what the result is, we're going to be seeing a deluge of wahhh in this thread. Hope my microwave can keep up with all this popcorn I'm going to need.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
"Finch urges his players to reject verbal confrontation as "the easy stuff"."

So the Aussies have finally admitted their sledging over the years was weak and pitiful?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the most exciting aspect of this series is the fact that, no matter what the result is, we're going to be seeing a deluge of wahhh in this thread. Hope my microwave can keep up with all this popcorn I'm going to need.
I don't think so tbh. Aussie's have built in excuses (bloody CA banning our poor innocent players, selectors are terrible, JL worst coach over, something something Marsh), especially the 2 best batsmen banned thing, and won't really get upset too much if they lose. And India have never won series in Aus in the history of the world, and are coming off losing in SA and ENG so it's not like they would be expecting too much.

You just know that if India win a lot of Aussie fans will dismiss it because of the weakened Aus team

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh I'll get upset if India's glorious record of failure hear ends, but more for the fact the cricket internet and media will be forever the more unbearable. As TJB says, we've already got plentiful excuses.

stephen

Oh I'll get upset if India's glorious record of failure hear ends, but more for the fact the cricket internet and media will be forever the more unbearable. As TJB says, we've already got plentiful excuses.
This.

The only bright point of India putting up a fight might be the departure of Langer.

stephen

Geez for all of Smith's glorious record, the fact that the summer he's going to miss has two of the weakest bowling attacks in the world is absurd. He totally would have cashed in this summer and put up Bradmanesque stats if it wasn't for the idiocy of Warner and Bancroft.

Burgey

So has India tbf.

trundler

Geez for all of Smith's glorious record, the fact that the summer he's going to miss has two of the weakest bowling attacks in the world is absurd. He totally would have cashed in this summer and put up Bradmanesque stats if it wasn't for the idiocy of Warner and Bancroft.
This. It's almost criminal to not let Smith feast on hapless Indian bowling at home. It's been a tradition since 47'. Plus it would be the ideal undemanding return to test cricket.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think so tbh. Aussie's have built in excuses (bloody CA banning our poor innocent players, selectors are terrible, JL worst coach over, something something Marsh), especially the 2 best batsmen banned thing, and won't really get upset too much if they lose. And India have never won series in Aus in the history of the world, and are coming off losing in SA and ENG so it's not like they would be expecting too much.

You just know that if India win a lot of Aussie fans will dismiss it because of the weakened Aus team
I've still got my fingers crossed.

stephen

and himself
I'm 99% certain that Smith would never have cooked up such a plan. It was Warner who had the idea. Smith and Bancroft are as much victims as they are guilty. Strong personalities such as Warner's are very hard to control and this wasn't the first stupid thing Warner has done. It was too easy for Smith to shrug his shoulders, sigh and do nothing because Warner was completely out of control.

Loyalty to your team is drilled into you from an early age in Australian cricket and the press conference was a misguided attempt by Smith at protecting Bancroft.

I've played with blokes like Warner and they're cancerous to the team culture. You can't control them, they're always stupid and eventually you give up trying and hope they don't get you in too much strife.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Can't believe Australia are favorites for tonight with bookmakers. In the words of Hansie Cronje what are the odds of that happening?

Burgey

Yeah but how good will the gloating be if Australia rolls them over without their only two test class batsmen.

OverratedSanity

Poor little meek Smith bullied into cheating by big bad Dave Warner. He's just an innocent little boy misled by his deputy.

**** off with this bull****. No one is buying it.

Gnske

Daily reminder that press conference was actually worse than the act itself and criticism of Smith for his actions is utterly warranted.